Sherlock and John - Sleepless

John rises from the bed fast, panting in a cold sweat.

"John?" I quickly sit up tiredly.

This has been happening often. He's been having dreams of Mary and the child, and Sherlock's told me to sleep next to him tonight in case he gets up at night.

This of course wasn't that big of a deal to me. Both men were very good friends of mine.

"Y/N...I-I keep seeing her...I keep seeing Mary and our daughter." He shudders.

I stand up and give him a hug, rubbing his back soothingly:

"It's okay, John...it's gonna be okay."

"No...it was all my fault...I couldn't protect them..." He begins to tear up, but I only tighten my hug.

"No, John...nothing is your fault, and you know it. You had no control of the situation." I ease him, and he wraps his arms around me, sobbing into my shoulder.

"I just wish...they were here..." He sobs.

"I know, John...I know..." I sigh a shaky breath as I begin to tear up myself.

We stay like that for a few more minutes, before I notice Sherlock standing by the door, watching me closely.

If anyone should feel responsible, it's me. I had control of the situation. I had a part in the game...

But I failed. I failed John. I failed Sherlock.

John falls asleep in my arms and I lay him down on the bed, tucking him in as he begins to inhale and exhale softly.

I rub the back of my neck and turn around to see Sherlock still standing there, his arms are crossed and he's leaned against the door, still staring, still analyzing with his tired blue eyes.

His hair is messy and his brows are furrowed, like an angry kid just disrupted from his play time.

"Can't sleep either?" I ask, as I wipe my tears.

He shakes his head and yawns, still standing in the same spot:

"Why are you crying?"

"It's just...every time I see John...I can't help but to feel guilt." I tell him quietly.

He walks over and wraps his arms around me. He kisses my forehead and rubs my back as I grip his shirt, getting it wet with my tears:

"It's not your fault."

"I'm sorry, Sherlock...I don't think I can sleep with him...constantly knowing I..." I gasp before I can finish, at the sheer thought of what I had let happen.

"Then sleep with me tonight." He pulls away, to stare into my eyes.

I stare at him with wide eyes.

"Come." He takes my hand, as I continue to stare at him.

"Y/N...?" John wakes up.

"J-John?" I turn around and look at his tired eyes as he sits up and looks at Sherlock and I.

"Y/N...please come back...I need you here..." John says tiredly, as Sherlock tightens his grip on my hand.

I turn and look at Sherlock, who continues to stare at me.

"Come with me." I tell him, and take him to John's bed.

I lay down, and pull him so he lies down beside me. He looks at me, and I turn to face him. He strokes my cheek, and I feel John tightly hug me from behind.

Sherlock kisses my lips, as John places a kiss on my neck, before we all drift off to sleep.

I think we'll all be able to sleep peacefully tonight...