What Else Could Happen?

⚾️⚾️⚾️

God. When will I get there?

The rain is heavy tonight. The clouds were darker than the roads and only showed light when lighting lite up the sky. The sound of heavy rain filled the darkness with a unwanted sense of tension. The only thing that helped me see the road were the small yellow lines. Other than that the fog was as thick as 6 layers of blankets making it very hard to drive

"Ugh, I can't see for shit and I've been on the road for two days," I said, trying to fill the air with unnessacary noise. I never liked it when it was quite for to long. Especially in the dark.

Driving in the dark always gets me nervous for some reason. Maybe it's because of all the horror movies I've seen. Something bad always happens in the dark. It's not like I get scared. It's just that, I still get a little shaken up.

I turned on the radio so I could loosen up a bit. The sounds of people's voices filled the air and suppressed the tension. I sighed and began to listen.

"Well it's a bit of an active day here in the city. Normally, it be a little bit less active but, I suppose today is the day for trouble. Hi there! I'm your host Samus here and tonight we have news on a shooting that happened in a local pet grooming shop. Geez, sounds bad right? Luckily, only one person got cought in the mess and he is currently in the hospital suffering from severe injuries. Even so, that tuff guy is still alive! Incredible!"

What the hell is so great about that?

"Although it is kinda weird as to why the person shot up a pet grooming store. The police still don't know his or her motivates. There currently investigating the survivor. Even so this is kinda weird. 3 other shootings happened at almost the same time. Maybe they were planned out."

That's gotta be tough. Wonder what their motives were...

"Hopefully, no one else gets hurt. Aftera-"

I immediately pushed on the breaks when I saw someone in front of the car. He had a hood on some gloves. I unbuckled my seatbelt and got out of the car.

"The hell do you think your doing! I could've ran you over!" I yelled as I closed the car door. The man lifted his head up, reveling his brown eyes. I furrowed my brow and said, "Fuel?". He smiled and said, "Hey there Ness. Didn't think you'd be the one I ran into."

"Why the hell would you strand in the middle of the road like that?"

"Well my car broke down and I need a ride."

I sighed.

"You could've just stood on the side of the road."

"What? So I could sit there all night and wave my hand? No one would see me in this weather."

I looked at the sky.

"Even so, someone could have reacted late and killed you. Did you consider that?"

"No I suppose not. Can I ride with you?"

I hesitated to say yes. I didn't want to just let someone I met 2 days ago get in my car. Besides, he's kinda weird. But, If I just leave him here, who will find him next? Maybe there won't be a next if he continues to stand out here like this. He could get killed. 

"Fine," I said awkwardly. His smile widened and he jumped in the car. I sighed and got in myself. After I buckled up, I began to start the car. As soon as the car started I turned on the radio, not wanting to have an awkward conversation.

"Soo, where you headed," Fuel asked. Oh great. "The city," I replied bluntly. He nodded and looked out the window, not telling me whether or not that is where he was going. The radio played quietly in the background making it even more awkward than it already was. 

"Are you looking for someone?" He asked, curiosity dripping in his voice. I sighed and said, "Not really." He turned his attention to me and asked, "Well then, why are you going to the city?"

"Why do you care?"

"Just asking."

"Well stop asking."

It fell silent. 

"Why?"

I felt like crushing this guy's skull. He's fucking annoying. God, please help me out. If you could just get rid of him, I'd be happy. 

I examined the road as I saw a green sign that said Town and City 2 miles. I nodded knowing that my destination was finally getting closer. Thank god. I thought I was gonna drive out here forever. Welp, thanks god. This is better than getting ride of Fuel.

"Do you know a boy named Lucas?"

I slammed on the breaks and turned to look at him. "What?" I asked, my eyes widened in fear and confusion. He smirked and repeated, "Do you know a boy named Lucas?" I gulped and continued to drive. I dared not to try and answer the question. I felt like if I did, something bad would happen. 

Don't say a word...

The silence seemed to last all the way until we arrived at the city. Fuel eyes widened with amazement as he looked around. I coughed to get his attention. He looked at me and said, "You can drop me off at the nearest Starbucks. I have a friend waiting for me there." I sighed in relief and looked up the nearest Starbucks. Seeing that it wasn't too far I smiled and started towards it. Once we got there he jumped out and thanked me. After that, he headed inside.

Great now I can get back to my mission. Hopefully, it won't take long. Besides, what's the worst that could happen...