(Eight)

Y/n sat awkwardly on the couch as Luigi was taken aside to talk to Master Yoshi. She but her lip at the sight of Bowser Junior in a painting. This was her chance.

She took a deep breath, said a small chant, and out came Junior. Literally. He fell right out onto the floor.

"Oh my God-!" She picked him up immediately and cradled him. He hugged her now realising who it was.

"WHA?!" Luigi poked his head out to see what the ruckus was and stared in shock. Y/n froze in place as his jaw dropped.

"How did you..?!" He stuttered, more confused than ever.

"I uh, learnt a chanting spell from an old friend." It wasn't a lie, King Boo taught her that.

"That's.. actually really cool.." He admitted, smiling in glee at her. Lying to him hurt so bad, but she had too.

"Y-Y/n..?" Junior croaked.

"M-My shell.." Only with a closer look did Y/n realise how his shell was cracked. It was slightly bleeding, and it looked like it hurt.

"Oh baby!" She sat him down immediately.

"Master Yoshi, can you make Junior a healing soup for him?!" She called out, laying him down onto the couch to sleep.

"Yes indeed." He called back.

"Oh fiddle sticks.. Luigi, could you go grab some herbs for me? They might be on top of the Mountain." Luigi sighed.

"Yes, Master Yoshi." He rushed out, seeming slightly impatient. When the door closed, Yoshi immediately sat back down, facing Y/n dead in her eyes.

"That should give us a few minutes.." He started, cupping his hands together in a slightly serious manner.

"Thank you" He smiled warmly at her.

"What..?" She faced him, puzzled.

"Luigi, my son. Thank you for saving him."

"He's your s-son..?" She questioned shocked. He nodded.

"Yes. I found them when he and his brother Mario were just babies. A stork had lost them, so I traveled worlds to deliver them to their true parents. It's been years but they still treat me like their dad when they visit." He leaned back, smiling slightly at the memories.

"That's why I'm thanking you. They're all I have left in this world to live for, and you went out of your way to defend them." He sat back up, facing Y/n once again.

"Y-You don't understand sir.. he got hurt, I didn't protect him." She looked down guiltily.

"Well, what do you think would've happened if you had just let that red Yoshi have his way? He'd be dead. Sure he's hurt, but that's better than being dead." Y/n shuddered at the sudden shift in tone.

Master Yoshi paused for a moment.

"I know you're a ghost Y/n." She froze for a second, the colour draining from her face.

"W-What..?" She managed to choke out.

"I may be old, but I'm not blind. Your bag right there is glowing purple, and only one potion glows purple. A Human Defier, or AHD for short. I also know that your necklace is the exact shade of purple as King Boos Jewel, and the fact you freed Junior just proved it was part of his crown. That means you work for him, and he wants you to trick Luigi because the old hag hates his guts."

He looked down as Y/n started to breathe heavily and felt her heart sinking to the core of the earth.

"So that leads to my next question." He continued, making Y/n stare at him in worry and fear.

"There are two separate women who highly respect their boss, and they both give orders to kill someone the bosses despise, but the women care about. Woman A takes the order from her boss without question, woman B chooses not to, and risks her life in the process." Y/n looked confused at the statement, but continued to listen.

"Why is woman B stupid?"

"W-What? She's not stupid, she's risking her life to save someone she cares about!"

"But Woman A took the safe way out and didn't anger her boss, and got respect from him."

"Woman B saved her friend! That's more important that respect from her boss-" She paused, realising what she had said. Master Yoshi smiled gratefully at her, a look of relief spreading in his old features.

"So I was correct.. you really do love Luigi."

"That's all the questions I had, I trust you will tell Luigi your a ghost?"

"I.." She

"I will.. even if it means he hates me for it.."

"And that's the best way to go about it. At sunrise you must continue your travels and save all of us." He stood up and walked over to Y/n.

"Please... make sure Luigi stays safe for me... and tell him the truth." Y/n nodded with a tear trickling down her cheek.

"I'll tell him after we rescue Mario, that way he gets home safely and can forget about me.." She said smiling in pain.

"Uh.. did I miss something seriously important??" Luigi asked, making the two face him in a start.

"No, just giving her fighting tips for combat." He started so smoothly that if Y/n hadn't been there, she wouldn't even know he was lying.

"Awesome, oh! And I got the herbs, they really do grow on that mountain.." He headed to the kitchen. Master Yoshi followed behind leaving Y/n to herself.