(Six)

Y/n froze at the sight of the monstrous thing.

"LUIGI?!" She cried out, unsure of what was happening. Luigi faced her dead in the eyes and screamed,

"R U N!"

Without a moment to lose they ran as fast as their legs could take them. Y/n turned around to see if they were in the clear, and like an idiot tripped over a rock. Luigi immediately turned around to see Y/n about to get toppled! Her leg burned like hell and she could barely move it. She must've stoned it.

Y/n crawled back desperately. Luigi never ran faster in his life to pick Y/n up bridal style and dashed with her in his arms, scared shitless of the rampaging beast.

Y/n just stared at his face, recognising the expression as pure fear. She wrapped her arms around his neck and buried herself into his chest while he ran for BOTH of their lives.

Finally the beast overdid itself and fell over, crushing itself into millions of pieces. Neither of the two looked back, as Luigi slowed to a halt. He took a weary step forward onto the sandy terrain.

He collapsed onto his knees, not letting Y/n tumble out of his arms. He was breathing so fast his lungs could've popped, his face red from the blood rush and heat.

"Luigi..?" Y/n whispered. Why was her heart thumping so hard? Why was her face heating up?

"..yes..?" He replied, obviously gathering his breath back. She felt herself clutch onto Luigi tightly. Not sure what came over her, she pecked his cheek thankfully. His face flushed an even brighter red in shock.

"Thank you for that..." she muttered, flustered herself. Luigi seemed to be slowly loading what was happening. Y/n let herself slip out of Luigi arms and tried to stand. Nope. She fell straight back down. He finally processed what happened and helped Y/n stand on one leg.

"We should rest, you look like your gonna pass out." She near demanded. He nodded.

"I feel like it..." He admitted, fanning himself with his cap once more. A sudden chill ran down Y/n's spine. The sun was starting to set and it was getting colder by the minute.

"We'll have to camp out again, here, take a leaf. It'll warm you for the night."

"Thanks." She took the leaf gratefully. She examined it, no idea how to use it. Puzzled features spread across her face as Luigi chuckled.

"You squeeze it." Luigi demonstrated by squeezing his own leaf into a puff, him suddenly appearing in a yellow fox costume?? He wagged his tail in approval and smiled.

Seeing the result Y/n excitedly squeezed her own, making her appear in a s/f/c wolf outfit. A little startled, she wiggled her new tail. She gasped in delight and wonder as the tail waved back and forth.

"It's so weird but cool!" She exclaimed. Luigi nodded and yawned.

"It is. I'm going to try to sleep some." He laid down onto the soft sand, putting his bag under his head. Y/n copied and laid next to him, her head on the sand. She fell asleep before Luigi, who started to contemplate whether he would find Mario or not..

---hours later---

Y/n woke with a start, turning towards a shaking Luigi, quiet sobs coming from him. Without hesitation she started to rub his back tenderly and whispered to him soothingly. Not sure where she learned it from but... she was able to get Luigi to sleep peacefully.