"There you are, baby! We're all waiting for you" I said loudly, startling all of them. I arrived right as Malachi was leaning closer to Betty. She looked at me in surprise but I glared at her and shook my head slightly. I cut in between them and put my arm around Betty, resting my hand on her neck.

"I see you made some friends here, not great choices though, princess" I said quickly cutting her off as she opened her mouth to snap at me.

"Jughead, is this your girl?" Malachi asked and I glared at him but nodded.

"Betts, why don't you go join our friends?" I suggested. She looked like she was about to argue but then caught sight of Veronica, Kevin and Cheryl frantically waving her over.

"Fine" she snapped at me but then smiled sweetly at Malachi and his friends.

"It was nice to meet you all" she said and they grinned at her with lust in their eyes as she walked by them with her food.

"It's funny, she didn't mention a boyfriend while we were talking" Malachi began.

"She's off limits. Don't even look at her." I snapped. I started to follow her.

"Or what?" Malachi pressed and I whipped around and got in his face.

"Or we'll have to go to war like we did last year. You want another repeat of that?" I threatened. I saw the fear in his eyes at that. I walked away but as I was nearing our table, I heard him mutter.

"She might just be worth it" I glared at him but he and his guys hurried away.

"Seriously, Betty? Out of everyone here, you gotta flirt with the three Ghoulie guys?" C complained. Betty shrugged. I sat next to her and sighed.

"I didn't know. They seemed nice" she defended.

"Only you would think that the Ghoulie guys were nice" Kevin added with a chuckle.

"You need to stay away from them. They are dangerous" I said, lowly. Betty glared at me.

"I don't need you to tell me who I can be friends with" she snapped. I was about to yell back but Toni cut me off.

"He's right, Betty. Those guys are no good. They deal drugs and hurt people. They treat girls awfully too. I don't want you to get hurt by them. They may seem nice at first but they will harm you as soon as you let your guard down" Toni explained, calmly. Betty looked at her in disbelief but Fangs, Kevin, Sweet Pea and Cheryl all nodded in agreement.

"Fine" she sighed but I could tell that she was still annoyed. As the rest of our friends changed the subject, she turned to me.

"I really don't need you to 'save' me. I can take care of myself" she snarled at me quietly. I smirked.

"I know that you think that, but trust me, baby, I will always save you" I leaned closer to her. She shook her head and rolled her eyes at me.

"Why are you fighting this so hard? You know that you want me" I whispered in her ear. I kissed her neck softly but she pushed me away.

"Yeah, right." she scoffed.

"You know that you do. That's why you get so nervous around me" I continued in a soft voice.

"I'm not nervous around you, I don't trust you. There's a difference" she snapped and I rose my eyebrows in disbelief.

"Sure, princess. Whatever you have to tell yourself" I chuckled. She glared at me and joined a conversation with Kevin and Fangs then. After I finished eating, I leaned back and put my arm around the back of her chair. She looked at me but just shook her head. Suddenly her phone went off and she grabbed it. I noticed a look of anger and fear pass over her face as she looked at her phone. She and V exchanged a knowing look and V shook her head in fear. Quickly, Betty dismissed the call and put her phone away. I narrowed my eyes and looked around to see that everyone at the table had noticed the interaction. Most of them had frowns but Cheryl looked worried and scared.

"Betty? Was it..." Cheryl began but Betty put on a big fake smile.

"It's no one. Don't worry." she replied smoothly, fooling no one. Cheryl still looked concerned while the rest of us were confused. Veronica quickly changed the subject and suggested that it was time to head home. Everyone agreed and we cleared up the table and walked to the doors. I tried to get Betty alone to ask about the phone call but Veronica was on her interference game and stuck to Betty like glue.

Their car pulled up as we walked out the doors and I went to hand Betty the dresses but Veronica took them from me.

"Thanks, Jughead! We'll see you tomorrow!" V smiled and hurried Betty into the car. I sighed and nodded as they pulled away.

"What do you think that phone call was about?" Fangs asked as we walked to our bikes.

"I don't know but I'm sure as hell going to find out" I vowed.