Chapter 13: Redemancy

Elsa's eyes widened, her cheeks flaring into a fiery color, hearing the prince's words clearly. Aiden pushed back a strand of Elsa's hair behind her ear, whispering...

"What about you? Elsa, do you love me?"

Mixed thoughts came around the queen's head, to answer the eternal question the fire prince had asked her.

Aiden...

He makes her melt so easily against his touch.

He makes her smile, laugh, blush... He also makes her feel this tingling feeling that builds up in her stomach whenever she's near him.

That dance after the main summit... When she locked her eyes with his, she saw a whole new sea, a whole new sea she was willing to explore. A whole new world. A whole new reality.

"Yeah... It was a great ride, because you were in it."

"May I... Kiss you?"

"I won't break your heart. Please know that."

"Hey, uh, I understand if you don't... I know it escalated way faster than I expected, I'm sorry. I'm sorry if I made you uncomfortable or something..."

Elsa then turned to see his face, a sly smile forming in her lips. Her cheeks went rosy, and she stood on her tiptoes, cupped his face, and pressed a lingering kiss on his lips. She gently whispered on his ear, saying in a quiet tone, "Does that answer your question, Prince Aiden of the Northern Isles?"

Aiden smiled, taking her hands, brushing his lips against her knuckles since he loved to do that...

He loves Elsa.

He loves her protective personality towards her most loved ones, he loves that goofy smile she makes whenever he meets her in front of her room early in the morning, he loves planting a kiss behind her ear, he loves to take her out and bring her under a tree, he loves the way she giggles and smiles shyly, he loves how she takes responsibilities seriously... Maybe too seriously, but that's how his Elsa is. He loves how she takes his hand comfortingly, he loves how she locks her eyes on his.

Like she's telling him to stop being a mystery.

Stop being a whole new sea she's going to drown in again.

But that sea is by far the one that gives her addictive smiles... Goofy laughter... meltdowns... Affection... Love...

"You sure love to do that, don't you?" She sniffs, wiping hot tears that streaked down her cheeks. Aiden gasped, "Oh, I'm sorry my sweet, did I do something wrong?"

"I'm going to miss how you do that." She cried silently, forcing down a sob, then she wrapped her arms around his body, burying her head into his back, almost pleading.

Aiden sighed sadly, then stared at the ship.

The ship that will bring him back to the nightmare and coping he would have to live in again, the ship that would take away him from this glorious Wonderland... This, is a dream, he doesn't want to wake up from.

A scorch built in the wood beneath them, its smoke exposed down under his feet.

He could hear Anna's bad case of the sniffles behind them, also Kristoff's rubs on her back to soothe her down, albeit staring at particularly nowhere to avoid awkwardness.

You don't deserve more pain, Aiden. You don't have to throw yourself back into a dimension of fake smiles, fake laughter, fake affirmation, all the torture... You can just stay with her.

That man doesn't know what you can do anyways.

"Elsa... I can't."

Elsa looked at him with hurt eyes, letting go of his hand. "Don't worry, I understand."

"I can't step on that ship. I want to be with you, I want to be by your side, love!" He then turned to the ship, then with one last growl, he declared,

"I don't care about my father. Nothing's going to stop me from being with the love of my life," he growled, "Magoo!" He yelled.

The short man arrived with a happy salute, "Yes, master? I know, you're happy with my fast service toda-"

"Magoo, get our baggage. We're staying." He declared.

Magoo's face paled, "Master, are you trying to get me killed?! Or better yet, are you trying to get us, killed?!"

"Magoo, don't be one of his puppets, alright? He may be a king, but he's not even qualified to challenge his own son." Aiden then snapped his fingers, "Now put'em down! We're staying, tell the captain that!"

"Why do I have to be assigned to a crazy prince?" Magoo sighed, going to the ship and followed Aiden's orders.

"We're staying love..." Aiden nuzzles the Snow Queen's neck.

"But what about your mother?"

"I'll write to her, and we'll find ways somehow to get to her and visit her. We can't just steal her, Elsa. She's the Queen of the Northern Isles." Aiden sighed, but planted a kiss on her shoulder, "But baby, I'm here with you. And that's all it matters."

Elsa blushed.

Anna, however, jumped into the two's conversation, "You're staying?!" She asked with a huge grin on her face.

"Yes, he is." Elsa smiled, pecking Aiden's cheek.

Anna squealed, "That, is just adorable."

"Um, Anna? Can you and Kristoff wait for Magoo to finish up? Elsa and I are going to spend some time together."

"Sure thing, Aid!" Anna gave the prince a thumbs up.

Aiden flustered at the nickname, "Aiden is fine, Anna."

"But Aid is shorter and cuter!"

"Oh, fine. Call me what you want." Aiden rolled his eyes good-naturedly, then wrapped his arm around his beloved's shoulder. He planted a kiss behind her ear, then behind her neck, then on her cheek. Elsa smiled, loving his affection thoroughly.

"Do you want to go to the castle?" Elsa asked.

"Of course, snowflake."

Elsa's cheeks flared at the nickname.

"S-snowflake?" She gasped.

"Come on, Elsa, it's cute. And it fits you. You're my snowflake." Aiden laughed, kissing her hand which is wrapped around his.

Elsa turned around, checking if Anna hasn't jumped into the fjord yet. Yes, exaggeration, but Anna's... Well, Anna.

"You know, I just love the fact that you're so protective of your sister."

"Well, my sister happens to be Princess Anna Of Arendelle, and Anna doesn't do anything that's safe..." Elsa chuckled.

"Don't sweat on it too much, snowflake. I'm sure Kristoff got everything under control."

Elsa stared at him intently.

"Yeah... Probably the most unsure statement I've ever said.."