Chapter 10: His Secret

"Master, you arrived late. Did it went well?" Magoo asked curiously with a toothy grin, wiggling his eyebrows now and then.

The prince had thrown off his suit aimlessly and had changed into a satin robe tiredly, his brow sweating profusely. He grabbed a damp cloth and wiped his face, uncomfortable with the sweat. His emerald green eyes then turned to his personal guard, smirking, "How do you know?"

Magoo smiled, "I have my advances. Should I open the windows? You haven't broken a single sweat in ages. The heat must be wrapping up in this room."

Aiden sighed, "It's not the room, or the weather, Magoo. It's clearly autumn, a chilly weather. It's... My powers.."

Magoo nodded understandingly, "Oh. They bothering you?"

Aiden shook his head, looking at his hands, "No, thankfully, they're just throwing out and it caused my body to sweat. Pass me a candle, yeah?"

Magoo grabbed a candle and threw it to his master, who caught it single-handedly and pressed his fingertip against the top. Releasing it, a bright flame began to grow on it, glowing brightly in the dark of the room.

"You know, it still amazes me when you do that. Since you're courting her majesty now, should you tell her?" Magoo asked curiously.

Aiden then turned to the personal guard, hopping on the sofa in distress, "I'll reveal to her in some way, someway she wouldn't think I'm a demon."

Magoo gasped dramatically, "Master, I believe, or in my knowledge, the Queen doesn't think of you that way. And she has her own powers too."

"Hers is a safer one, Magoo. It can create life; it can create wonderful things, and it makes her more unique, nonetheless. Mine?" Aiden growled, "It has nothing to do with life at all. I'd say it's even for destruction, and it is harmful and brutal."

Magoo sighed, "You don't learn from your mother at all, do you, master?"

"I have learned the best from that woman, but sometimes her teachings are not true."

"If you had been listening to your mother, then you wouldn't be the coldest person in the Northern Isles." Magoo defended, "Queen Helena had also done you well, master. Your father doesn't even have a single clue you are gifted with the power of the flame."

"Magoo, it would have looked like I am trying to get myself killed if ever I tried to give that cruel man a single hint of my abilities. If mother was already abused, what do you think he should have done if he knew when I was younger? I was defenseless."

Magoo then smiled in pride, puffing out his chest proudly, "You should be thankful, I trained you the best of defensive combat, so you can defend yourself... If ever that day arrives."

Aiden burned a wilting flower angrily, "That man doesn't even know what I can do with my bare hands. I will defend anyone I love with it, even if I have to do something I will regret."

"Queen Elsa is lucky because of you, Aiden. You are one protective man."

"Especially her, Magoo. I will defend my queen in any circumstances, even if I have to face hell itself. We had promised each other to take things slow, but I also promised her that I will never, ever break her heart."

Magoo patted his shoulder, "And I have no doubt you wouldn't. She had melted your icy heart, master. If your courtship worked out, then what else of the impossible can happen? You, smiling every single day, lovesick."

Aiden gruffly pushed the personal guard away, embarrassed. "Tell me, how many shots of tequila did you take with the official of Spain after dinner, Magoo?"