Chapter Sixteen ~ According to an Online Quiz...

Chapter Sixteen ~ According to an Online Quiz, I Have the Same Personality Type as God

***

The race was scheduled for early morning. Very early morning. Suns-not-up-yet early morning. Well, sun, technically. Kronos was on the far side of Gemma now, so Myni wouldn't be visible for a few more weeks. Or pentasols. Or whatever time system this stupid planet used.

Even after all these years, Jasper still ran through everything in Earth time. Keeping the Earth clock and calendar in the corner of her vision certainly didn't help. What good did it do her to know that Earth was entering August of 2020?

She rubbed her forehead and took another sip from her mug. Focus. Get it together. After her Mota Mart video took off, Attom had piled more and more tasks onto her plate, and he'd even requested that she stay late the night before to finish them. She'd been in worse condition, but she would have preferred to get some more rest before the big day.

The race was in the middle of the night, and the Starchatter party started late. Hence, the necessity of Jasper's plan to clear out the office so that the team could get into Ringmaster's hideout.

Plus, she had her other plan to worry about.

Jasper leaned against the doorway of the kitchen while the others made their final preparations for the last day at Starchatter. Holly stood in front of the mirror, making minor adjustments to her face so that no one at the office would recognize her.

Grace frowned as she watched Holly. "Shapeshifting?" she asked.

"You thought I was human?" Holly asked.

"You're not? I mean, Jasper and Thea and Jax are." Grace's gaze flickered to where Thea and Jax were finishing their breakfast. "They are, right?"

"They are," Holly said. "I'm West Kronosian." Many members of the species had shapeshifting abilities, to varying degrees. Holly was better than most.

"West Kronosian?" Grace asked. "Like the Fayes?"

Holly's gaze darkened. Before she could respond, Jasper stepped forward into the room. "Everyone ready?"

"Ready to get crammed into a tight space with Jax and Grace?" Thea asked.

"Aw, it won't be that bad." Jasper pulled her fake glasses from her pocket and slid them on. "Good team bonding."

"Why is Grace coming with us, again?" Holly asked. "You've had her at your side this whole time."

"I'm the only one with a party invite."

"Attom likes you. You could have persuaded him to let you bring her."

"He likes my work," Jasper muttered. She took another sip of her drink. "Look, after the run-in with the Blades at Mota Mart, it's best we keep her out of sight. Once we head to the next race location, we won't have to worry, but I need you three to protect her in the meantime."

"Maybe she should learn to protect herself." Holly folded her arms.

Jasper sighed. "We don't have time for this right now. Let's go."

Holly grabbed a tie, the last piece of her catering uniform, as she and the others headed for the door. Jasper followed them out.

When they reached the car, Jasper asked, "Where'd you leave the food cart you and Jax stole?"

"A storage closet down the hall from Starchatter's entrance," Holly replied.

"Great. You guys grab that. I'll head in and find the exact location of the gap in the ceiling."