Chapter 29

JARED'S POV

When we reached home, Chloe was already asleep. She woke up when I tried to carry her. "We're home? Jared. I suddenly feel so tired. I was okay back at the hotel." "Yes you were...very okay then. Jumping, and excited about me doing street fighting." Luckily her boobs didn't spill in all the excitement tonight. Chloe looks pale. Maybe she's caught a virus. Once we were inside our bedroom, she went straight into the closet, tooks some clothes, ran into the bathroom and locked the door. "Chloe. Are you okay in there?" "Just a minute."

Around 20 minutes later, Chloe finally came out. She just stood at the bathroom door looking at me. "What?" "Can I sleep in the other room for a few nights?" "Why? What happened?" "Um...my...my period came. That's why I was feeling so tired." Smiling at her awkwardness, "Well I never really thought about what happens when a woman having her period sleeps? Is there a sleeping position that you must maintain?" Chloe laughed and said, "I'm just worried I might have a leakage in the middle of the night." Yikes. They do? "You might? Um.....I uh... I'll go get the maids to help you."

CHLOE'S POV

That was awkward. Around 10 minutes later, Jared came in followed by a maid. She was holding a piece of light blue material. "Good evening ma'am. May I know which side of the bed will you be sleeping?" "On the left side. What is that?" "Ma'am. This a waterproof pad. I will put this on the side of the bed where you will be sleeping." Ah....Aren't those things used in hospitals? Why didn't I think of that? I sometimes used double pads at night. Would have saved me lots of trouble.

When she left, Jared moved closer and hugged me. "Chloe. I don't mind sleeping with you even if you're having your period. It's not something I can avoid altogether especially when we're married." Married? I forgot about that. I'm hopeless. He even said it so easily. Life with Jared. My beautiful man. "Thank you." "And uh.....don't forget to mark your calendar." "How...how did you know about those markings in my calendar?" "My mom was a gynaecologist. She forced us three brothers to learn the detail cycle of menstruation years ago. When I saw your calendar, I did my calculations based on what my mom taught us and it's safe to say you're right on time." "Wow. That's all I can say about your mom. She certainly doesn't think like most people. Um.....Jared. Where do I put this expensive necklace?"

Jared took the necklace and pressed a normal looking square panel on the column near our bedside table. Another panel opened up above it. Inside was a safety box. I saw small buttons of numbers on the front but Jared didn't used that to open the box. He placed his right thumb on a white square and it scanned his thumb. The safety box opened and he put the necklace inside. Closing the safety box and the panel opening, it looked like an ordinary column. So....Rich people do have those hi-tech safety boxes. "I'll let you use this safety box. I don't have much use for it. I will re-set the thumbprint recognition tomorrow for you. Right now, let's get some sleep. I'll ask my cook to prepare nutritious food for you starting tomorrow." "Jared it's okay." "Chloe. Let me take care of you. Hm....." Oh no. That hypnotising look again. I can feel my head nodding and he smiled.

Waking up the next morning, Jared wasn't on the bed. Where did he go? I did my business in the bathroom and went to look for him. I found him in the kitchen having breakfast with his cook. "Have you seen this morning's paper Sir? You are now the most searched for in the web. I quote a certain lady comment, 'Where have you been hiding all our lives?'" "They just have too much time on their hands." His cook stood up as he noticed me, "Good morning Miss Chloe." Jared turning around, "Morning Chloe." "Morning guys." "Are you feeling better? I wanted you to sleep more longer so I didn't wake you up." "A little better." "Good. I'm going to my office today. How about you?" "Going to my shop. I also need to see how is Winnie or Sam." "In that case, I'll drop you off on my way to work and then I'll pick you up maybe at 6pm."

Winnie and Sam settled well in my apartment. I told them to treat my apartment as their own home. I packed all my clothes and my personal things inside boxes. Winnie went out to send flowers and Sam went to school. Business was slow in the afternoon so I took the opportunity to nap on my desk. I was surprised when someone knocked on the desktop. Sitting up, "It's you! Hi again. Do you remember me? I'm Nick." "Nick? No I'm sorry I don't remember you." "It doesn't matter. The important thing is I had found you again. I did searched for you at Morgan Industries but I couldn't find you there. I'm so happy to see you again." When he said Morgan Industries, I suddenly remembered bumping into him outside the main entrance. "Ah yes...That was you. Okay..."

"I was wondering. Would you like to go out for a date with me tonight? Choose any place." "I'm sorry Nick. I'm already with someone. In fact, I'm engaged to him," and showed him my engagement ring. He looked so devastated. "So who's the lucky guy?" "That's me." Nick turned around to that voice, "Jared!" "Hi Nick. I'm surprised you haven't heard yet but anyway.....my fiancé....Chloe Barnes. Chloe. This is my cousin Nicholas Morgan."