Chapter 25

JARED'S POV

          What have Abby done to her? Her boobs! Men will look at them and I can just imagine what their thoughts are. I know it's too late to get them to change and the look on Timothy's face tells me he's going through the same thoughts as I do. "Abby. You're torturing me." "Sorry Timothy but it's just for tonight. Please." Her plea and cute pout had him. Hugging her, "Stay close to me and away from other men. Jared. We're going ahead to the hotel. See you in an hour."

          Climbing into my limousine, I told my driver to take us to the same jeweller that I went to this morning. I can't stop looking at Chloe's chest area. Damn! Other men will definitely do the same. Probably noticing my worried look, Chloe said, "Jared. Sorry about the dress. This dress wasn't my choice but Abby insisted that I wear it." "It's okay Chloe but promise me that you are only going to wear this dress tonight." She cupped my face and gazed into my eyes. "I promise Jared." She had this grin that tells me there's something I'm missing out. Seeing that we have arrived in front of a jewellery shop, Chloe looked at me and asked, "What are we doing here? Aren't we supposed to be at a hotel?" "Yes we will but first, let's get something for you." "For me? What?"

          Once we were inside the shop, the head sales promoter had a look of surprised on her face. Of course she remembered me. I signalled zip your mouth to her and she looked at Chloe. Nodding her head understanding my request, "Mr. Morgan Sir. How can I help you?" "I need a necklace for her bare neck. Perhaps something very glittery." Hearing my suggestion, "Jared...." "Chloe. Please. Let this boyfriend of yours buy a gift for you." "Mr. Morgan. Miss Chloe. Please follow me."

          "Mr

          "Mr. Morgan. May I suggest this piece. We had it in just last week." Without any hesitation over the small price tag on the side, "I will take it." "Jared. No. It looks million dollars expensive," Chloe whispered to my ear. I gave the price tag to the sales lady and put the necklace around Chloe's neck. Good. It glittery enough to daze most eyes. Giving the sales lady my black card, I whispered back to Chloe, "Don't worry about it Chloe. We can always return it if it's too heavy for you. I have another surprise for you." Leading Chloe to a waiting room, I took out the ring box discreetly from my pocket.

          Holding her left hand, "Chloe. I'm not good at romantic things or romantic words and I hope that you can show me. Maybe.....you can teach me how to be a romantic guy every day for the rest of our lives." Kneeling down on my right knee, I opened the ring box in front of Chloe. Looking hopefully and with all the love that I have into her eyes, "Will you marry me Chloe Barnes?" Chloe put both of her hands on her mouth and she nodded. "Yes!" Laughing, I slide the diamond ring on her ring finger. A perfect fit. "Thank you Chloe. You don't know how happy I am right now. I love you." I was about to kiss her but she put her hands on my chest to stop me. "Sorry Jared. My make up. Abby will kill us both if it's smeared. Maybe later." I gave her a hug instead which immediately made her beat my back with her fists. "Jared. Let go. I can't breath." "Sorry baby. I'm so sorry. I'm just feeling so excited right now." I know I have this stupid grin on my face but I can't help it.

          Arriving quite late at the hotel's entrance, I scanned the crowds which are mostly reporters. I planned to go through tonight without wearing my mask again but I had it with me just in case. As my bodyguards led us through, I noticed most of the reporters there wasn't sure of my identity and are very anxious to find out who I am. A few photos of us were taken and one of them tried to ask one of my bodyguards but of course his questions fell on deaf ears. As we went through the ballroom's main door, the spotlight almost blinded me. Had to be Tim's idea. This moment could be what Cinderella must have felt when she first entered the palace's ballroom but we are not Cinderellas!!