Chapter 9

CHLOE'S POV

          It was still raining outside and while we had breakfast, Jared was busy texting on his phone. My suppliers sent me a text earlier about not being able to send flowers. Powers in the city are still out. I already sent a text to Winnie asking her to stay home. I hope Winnie and her brother are safe. I also sent emails to all my main customers about putting on hold all deliveries until powers are back on.

          "Sorry about that. Mostly about the storm, securities and my employees. How about you?" "My shop is closed today. I need to go back to my shop and apartment. See if everything is okay." "Okay. Give me a minute to get ready." When he came back, Jared asked me to follow him to his garage. His garage is filled with all sorts of expensive cars. I knew then that black is his favourite colour. He stood beside a beast of a black thing.

         "What is that?" "This is my jeep

         "What is that?" "This is my jeep. I'm driving this just in case there's flood somewhere. I don't think the rain has ever stopped since last night." He moved closer and put both of his arms around me. Hugging me tight, "Let me take care of you Chloe. I want to. I need to. Okay?" Looking up at him and into his eyes, there is an emotion that I can see from his eyes but I don't dare to put a name to it. "Thank you Jared. Thank you for being there for me." His gaze dropped to my lips, moving closer, his kiss was more like searching with a little hunger to it. After a while, pulling slowly away from my lips, he smiled. A beautiful smile that makes my toes curl.

         "Do you need help climbing up my jeep?" Looking at the steps on the side, it's a little higher than most trucks I've seen. "Put your hand here on the top handle with right arm and swing your butt onto the seat." Seeing me hesitate, "May I?" and he lifted me up like a bride. So effortless as if I'm light as a feather. "What?" "The last time I checked, I haven't lost weight yet." "Really? You look just right to me." Winking, he closed the door.

          I noticed that there's another smaller black jeep following closely behind us. "Who's behind us?" "They are my bodyguards. My brother Timothy raised blue alert last night so all Morgans will be accompanied by bodyguards. My parents started this precautionary alerts since Timothy was almost kidnapped when he was five years old. You will get used to it." "But I'm not a Morgan." "They will protect when I instruct them to."

          After a few minutes into our journey, Jared was right after all. Some roads were flooded but he seems to know which road to take. The jeep was indeed high enough to go through flooded roads that sedan cars aren't able to. "You seem to enjoy this drive." "Why not? It's like we're going on an adventure. Somehow this flood reminds me of Jumanji." Smiling, he winked at me again.

          Thankfully my shop is okay. Getting off the jeep should be easier than climbing up as I could jump down. "Wait." Jared opened the door for me and put up both of his hands. "Let me help you down." I stood up on the side step and he put his hands on my waist. "Nice jeep you have there." We both turn to the source of voice. The man reminded me of the Thin Man in Charlie's Angels. He was initially looking at the jeep but he saw me, his eyes was all over my body. Jerk! "And nice girl too." "Thanks." "Any plans of selling?" Why do I get the feeling that his question has a double meaning to it and that he's trouble? Jared looked into my eyes and held my hand. "No. My wife loves this jeep." Wife! He squeezed my hand twice. Okay..... "Well that's too bad." Seeing that we were not talking anymore, the man climb into his own car and took off.

          "Take out your keys fast. Let's get inside." Unlocking my shop, Jared took us further inside my shop. "What's wrong?" "Chloe. I didn't like the way he was looking at you. Can you quickly packed some clothes? You are staying at my house until it's safe." "I will be fine." "Chloe. Please. There's no power yet and who knows. The booming thunder may come back." Damn! I forgot about that. "Give me ten minutes." Grinning, "Don't forget to bring your Sunflowers perfume."