Chocolate Cake~> Tonio X Reader

I'm sorry if you're allergic to chocolate... skip this story (if you want)
Short story btw

y/n pov

It was my birthday today and Tonio forbid me, along with his local customers from going into Trattoria Trussardi with his sign flipped over to the "closed" side. We all stood outside and sighed as we saw the sign. The food was delicious! Sadly, I was planning on getting a cake for myself, but I guess not...

I dragged my lifeless body along the sad, grey sidewalks and into my house. 'What are the chances that Tonio closes on my birthday!' I pouted.

(time skip)

I scrolled through my Instagram, seeing many stories tagging me with, "happy birthday y/n!!!"

After going through all the stories and replying to them, I was about to put down my phone and rest, but I got a message. A "ding" was heard right before I was going to set my phone down. I unlocked my phone and saw that it was from Tonio.

My eyes lit up from excitement. "Come to my restaurant," was written in the dark grey/white box. I quickly grabbed my jacket, swung it over my shoulder and head out.

'A few more steps away!!' I wondered why he called me out.
I was at the front steps. There it was... the closed sign. I blinked in confusion.

'Why'd he text me to come if it's closed!' The door opening broke my string of thought.

"Ah! y/n, you came! Just in time, come in," he led me to a huge table, one that would have been able to fit a family of six. He entered his kitchen area and brought out some of my favorite foods. There was, (favorite food 1), (fav food 2), and (fav food 3), lying on the beautifully printed table cloth. He then sat in front of me.

"Let's enjoy your birthday together, shall we," he gave me a soft smile. He was out of his chef's outfit. His golden hair was down, wasn't that gelled like usual. His blue eyes were looking at me and only me. I had his undivided attention. I've never seen Tonio in a romantic way. In fact, he was just a go-to chef friend of mines. I thought it was really cute that he did this for me. I picked up my fork and spoon and started eating right away.

"This is sooo damn delicious," I gave Tonio a thumbs up. All he did was stare at me, lovingly...

"Why aren't you eating, Tonio?"

"Ah, I made these for you, not me!"

"But you said we'd enjoy my birthday together! You should eat as well."

"If you say so," he gave me a small smile.

(time skip, cos I don't want this to be all about how they devour the food)

After eating all the food he prepared for us, he excused himself. I assumed he was going to use the restroom, but then he came out with a huge, one layer cake, a chocolate cake might I add, and on top of it was "Happy Birthday, y/n." I cupped my mouth in my hands, hiding my huge grin. I was about to cry because of his thoughtfulness.

He lit the candle and sang happy birthday to me. "Make a wish," he said. I blew on the lit candle and Tonio handed me a knife to cut the cake. I cut a slice for him and then me.

As I dipped my fork into my cake, Tonio asked me, "y/n I like you... would you be my girlfriend?"

~~~~~~~~~

kept on spelling Bitchday instead of Birthday 😕