Chapter 2: England

My army and I got off the boat with America and his army and had set up camp and were preparing for our battle with japan. I started writing letters back to (Y/n) to make sure she was alright and to let her know I was too. America was stuffing himself with hamburgers he found in the ration box.

"Hey, dude are you writing to (Y/n) again?" America asked.

"Yes, now if you would please leave me alone, I need time to think." I replied.

"Just let her know you love her," America said and began walking toward the tent's exit, "in a romantic way."

I stood up off of my stool and jumped onto America.

"I don't love her like that you idiot she's just my friend!" I said shaking him back and forth.

"Then why have you turned into a red tomato?" America winks.

"It's just hot in the sun!" I retorted. however, my heart was beating really fast.

"That's what they all say." America says before wrestling out of my grip and leaving me in my tent with a tomato red face and a thumping heart.

I just love her as a friend

Right?

I lay on my uncomfortable makeshift bed until the morning.

We prepped all our soldiers and made contact with japan. The battle began.

Bullets are zipping everywhere and lots of are men are getting cut down. The tanks are going in but they seem to be making little to no effect.

America and I are staying back so that one of us isn't shot because the last thing you want is your county to be wounded so we commanded from afar.

"It's getting pretty dangerous out there," America said, "you think we'll win this one?"

"We'll win it," I replied, trying to sound reassuring, "it's two against one."

One of my soldiers runs up to me.

"Sir, I've received a letter from miss (Y/n)." The messenger soldier said handing me the letter.

"Thank you." I replied as the soldier saluted as a goodbye.

I opened the letter and skimmed through until I saw the letters W, A, R.