Concert

"Is what true? Why are you crying?" I say worried.
"Do y-you have leukemia?" I swallow hard.
"Yes." I sigh. 
"H-how? Why?" 
"It runs in my family. One day I went to Disney with Yoandri, Johann, and Lisette and I felt very tired and weak." 
"Why didn't you tell me? You don't keep things like that from your friends."
"I didn't want to worry you, I didn't want someone else feeling bad for me, and I didn't want you to tell Erick... I'm sorry."
"Of course I'm going to worry about you! You're my friend and I don't want anything bad to happen to you. And if something bad happens I don't know what I'll do." He said, his voice breaking.
"Hey. Nothing bad is going to happen to me. I'm doing chemotherapy and I'm fine."
"Ok. Ok." He said calming down. But he didn't really seem convinced. 
"Who told you?"
"Joel told me. I think Lisette told him." I didn't have the energy to argue with Lisette or anybody.
"You're not going to tell Erick right?"
"I won't Veronica but you should." I knew he was right.
"We are going to Florida in a couple days. I'll come to visit you." I smiled.
"Thanks Christopher."
"You're welcome Minion. I love you little sis." I smile.
"I love you too big brother."
"Veronica we are going to do some blood work ok?" Gabriel said.
"I have to go Chris."
"Ok. Take care Veronica. Keep fighting for me." I smile.
"I'm not giving up yet." Then I hang up.

A couple days past and I wasn't doing the best. Sometimes I wished that this would be over but I realized that I still had a lot to live for. I have a whole family and friends that are counting on me. The only things that I looked forward to were my visits. Juan actually did come to visit me once.
"You made friends?" I ask him.
"Yep. I have 6 best friends that I hang out with a lot." He said excitedly. I smiled.
"Guess what?!?" I say.
"What?!?" He asked.
"You know how CNCO is coming in a few days?"
"Yes???"
"I asked Christopher if they could let a little friend of mine if he could get front row tickets and a backstage pass!"
"Oh. Who is it?" Omg. I hit my face with the palm of my hand.
"A boy who beat cancer." I said as I grabbed his hands. He opened his mouth very wide.  
"I BEAT CANCER! Wait... IS IT ME?!?!" He asked standing up from my bed. 
"YES!!!" He ran around my room saying, "I'M GOING TO MEET CNCO AND SEE THEM PERFORM FRONT ROW!" 
"Yes you are!" I said.  
"Thank you! Thank you! Thank You! You're the best!"
"Your welcome," I say smiling at him. 
"Wait are you coming with me?" 
"No I'm not but Christopher and Joel are going to visit me here." 
"Oh. I thought we would go together." He said looking down.
"I'm sorry buddy."
"It's ok I get it." We kept talking but then he had to leave.
"Bye Juan have fun for me!"
"I sure will! Thanks Veronica."
"Your welcome." I wished that I could go but I didn't want to confront Erick yet. 

Erick's POV 

We were going to Tampa, Florida. And all the memories rushed through my head. I had a bad feeling about something. I don't know what but I just did. When Veronica called me I was glad. I missed her so much. But she said that something happened and that had me worried. I shouldn't have been, but I can't deny that I still love her. We were doing soundcheck and our manager called us. 

"We have a little boy who beat cancer meeting you guys. He is going to come backstage after the concert and we got him front row tickets." 
"Oh wow." It must be tough trying to beat cancer. The concert started and I saw the little boy who the manager was talking about. I smiled and waved at him and he waved back. After the concert he came backstage. 
"Hello. What's your name?" I asked.
"I'm Juan." He seemed very excited and that made me happy.
"Your very strong you know that?" Christopher said and Juan nodded. Christopher smiled.
"Thank you for letting me come backstage and for getting me those front row tickets. I wish that Veronica came though."
"Veronica?" I asked. 
"Yes. She said that she knew you guys and that she arranged this." There is only one Veronica that I know. And we all knew the same Veronica but how did she know Juan?
"How do you know Veronica?" I asked and Christopher and Joel seemed nervous. Richard and Zabdiel shrugged.
"She was at the hospi-" He didn't finish because Christopher talked over him.
"Do you want a picture with us buddy?" Juan looked confused but nodded. He was about to say hospital but Christopher interrupted. I was more confused than ever. I remembered that when I called Veronica she was with a nurse.  But why would Veronica be at a hospital and how would she know him? Juan left and then Joel and Christopher left to who knows where. 

Veronica's POV 

I heard a knock on my door. 
"Come in." Christopher and Joel come running in and they hug me. 
"Aww guys!" They look up at me. I see them with tears in their eyes. 
"I don't like seeing you like this." Christopher said. Joel looked at me with sad eyes. 
"It's not that bad." I lied. Joel looked at my arms and saw my bruises. 
"So how was it with Juan?" I changed the subject.
"He was really nice and adorable but Erick almost found out that you had leukemia."  Joel said. I laughed.
"Ay ese Juan." We all laughed. 
"How are you feeling?" Joel asked.
"Well I pass my days being monitored, I sleep almost all day, and my parents, Juan, Lisette, Yoandri, and Johann visit me. What about you guys?"
"We are traveling, working on our album, and working on choreography." Christopher said.
"Come on ask." Joel said.
"Ask what?" I said but we all knew what I wanted to ask.
"He is doing fine. But when Juan said that he knew you he was super confused." Christopher said referring to Erick. 
"It might not seem like it but he misses you a lot." Joel says. 
"Yeah me too. Me too." We spent the whole afternoon goofing off and chismeando. I forgot that I was stuck in a hospital for a second. But then they had to leave because they were leaving early that morning.  
"Aww I don't want you guys to leave," I say.
"We don't want to either." Joel said.
"Next time you guys are here call me." I say.
"Obviously!" Christopher said. Then it was silent. 
"Oh well till next time Veronica," Joel said.
"Till next time." We said our goodbyes and they left.