The Corner Store

Present day

"So do you want to come over and watch movies?" Erick asks
"Sure. I'll bring snacks," I say.
Nothing has really changed except for one thing...

Someone's hands touch my waist. I turn and I see Mario. He kisses me on the cheek and says,"Hola osita."

A few months ago Mario asks me to be his girlfriend. I started feeling things for him but on the other hand there was Erick and I didn't know what to say. But when I told Erick about it he said that he is a really good guy and that I should accept. I was looking for any sort of thing in his eyes that told me that I shouldn't but I found none. So I accepted. Lisette on the other hand shipped me and Erick because of all the jokes and the crazy things that we did together.

"I'm sorry Veronica but I have basketball practice and we can't do anything today." Mario said.
"It's ok I'm doing something with Erick tonight," I said.
"Oh. Um ok. That's fine. Have fun." He seemed kind of serious and put on a fake smile.
"Alright I'll see you later. Bye Mario."
"Bye"

I was walking with Erick to the corner store by his house. We were talking when all of a sudden we see Diamond. The girl that thinks she is all special. I've never liked her since 2nd grade because she told everyone that I liked this boy Oscar. Which was true but I told her to keep it a secret. Everything that I have she has tried to take away. Like Oscar. And Erick.

She spots us and she comes up to Erick and completely ignores me.
"Hola guapo," she says. And puts her hand on his chest. I can't believe she is flirting with him right in front of me! No wait Veronica you can't say this you're with Mario.
"Emmmm hola Diamond."
"What are you doing right now? You want to go to the movie theater with me?" She asks.
"Im sorry I have plans with Veronica."
"Oh." She finally looks at me. But with a mean look on her face.
"Then next time."
"Ok" he says. And then she leaves moving her hips in a aggresive way. Exaggerating almost. Me and Erick start laughing so hard.
"Ay esa niña," I say.
"Si verdad." He says. When we get to the corner store we get the cart. It's just us so we do what we usually do when we are at the store.
"Get inside the cart," he tells me.
"Ok Ojitos," I say.
When we get in the aisle in the back he pushes the cart so fast with me in it.
"NO ERICK VAS MUY RAPIDO! YA PARA MENSO. EERRRIIIICCKKK!!!" I yell to him.
"Ok ok sorry," he says laughing with tears in his eyes.
"Its not funny!" I say with my eyes halfway closed.
"Yeah sure," he said.
When we go to his house I notice that it was quiet.
"Where is your mom?" I ask
"She isn't here she had a wedding to go to and she won't be here until Sunday." (It was Friday)