The Songs

The Next Day

I hear a knock on the door. I open the door and see Erick.
"Hola Ojitos," I smile.
"Hola princesa," he gives me a warm smile. I let him in. I grab his hand and we go to my room.
"What do you want to do?" I ask.
"Do you want to go to the park?"
"Ok let's go." I smile. We get out of the house and walk to the park.

"Do you think that hot chocolate is hot milk or is it something else?" I ask.
"I think it's something else." He said.
"But if you get chocolate milk it's hot chocolate but cold." I say.
"No its not!" He says. We spent the rest of the time deciding whether or not chocolate milk is hot chocolate but cold. Then we realized that we were in front of the park.

We go to the swings.
"I bet I could go higher." He gave a mischievous smile.
"I dont think so." I say smiling.
"Ok let's see who could go higher Veronica." He closed his eyes half way.
He was winning but a little kid was running right in front of him so he had to stop.
"I win!" I smile.
"No that's cheating!" He says.
"No I dont think so. Accept that you lost Ojitos." I gave him the biggest smile.
I stop the swing but as soon as I do that he grabs me like a sack of potatoes.
"Erick!" He spins around and around.
"That's what you get for cheating!" He laughs.
"No no please stop." I laughed. But the truth was that I was getting dizzy. I thought I was about to pass out.
"Erick YA PARA!"
"Ok ok." He puts me down and I almost fall but he catches me.
"Woah." He says. He holds on to me until I feel better.
"Are you better?" He asks. I punch his arm.
"I'm guessing yes." He says. I laugh. I grab his hand and we go under the playground. I get a penny from my purse and I write V+E  and a heart around it in the metal of the playground. He puts his hand around my shoulder and I rest my head on his shoulder. He kisses my cheek. A little kid around 4 years old comes up to us and sits in between us.     
Me and Erick give a confused look.
"You guys would be a good mommy and daddy when you grow up." The little boy says. Me and Erick smile.
"Thank you." Erick says. The little boy smiles and leaves.
"You think that we could?" He asks.
"Could what?" I ask.
"Be good parents." He says.
"Maybe. Later in the future." He nods and smiles. We walk home and we head to my room. We were looking at memes in his phone when he said that he had to use the bathroom. He left and the phone didn't turn off yet. I was curious to see what he had in it. I knew that I shouldn't do it but it was really tempting. I opened his voice memos. A folder was named Her Singing ❤. I opened it. There was a lot of videos. I opened one.

Si no me extrañas ahora, ahorita sí
No digas que no si sí

Omg!! That was me!! I was the person singing. HOW DID HE RECORD ME AND WHY?! I clicked the next one.

No te contaron mal
No te voy a negar
Sí nos besamos, nos entregamos
Pero hasta ahí no mas
Fueron unos cuantos besos
Dos o tres caricias

I clicked the next one

I won't believe a thing you say this time
All them other girls told me how you play your game
Yeah we know all about you
I know it probably worked for you
Last time

I kept on clicking

Mi cuerpo es tu religión
Te beso pierdes la calma y la razón
Yo me entrego en alma y corazón
El cuarto lleno de velas pa' bajar tensión

Omg that is soo embarrassing. Especially the last one! How did he get these? Erick comes in and hears me singing. His mouth is open but no words come out.
"Erick what is this? Well I know what it is but why do you have it and why?!?"
"I'm sorry dont get mad. It's just that your voice helps me go to sleep or calm me down." He seemed nervous. I didn't know what to say to that. It was cute but a little creepy.
"And how did you get it?" I asked.
"When you weren't paying attention or when you were doing something else." He put his head down. I get up and hug him.
"I'm not mad at you. It's a little creepy but it's cute and I understand what you were trying to do." He let's out a big breath.
"Oh thank God. I thought you were going to make me delete them." I smiled and grabbed his cheek.
"So you like how I sing because my sisters tell me that I sing horrible." I laugh.
"No you sing beautiful. Its very calming."
"Even subiendo? That song isn't very um well appropriate." I laugh.
"That's my favorite." He gives me a look that makes me nervous. I punch his arm.
"I'm kidding." He laughs.
"Talking about songs you have to practice on Un Siglo Sin Ti."
"Oh yeah!" I search up the song and the song starts.

Mil y un historias me he inventado para estar aquí
Aquí a tu lado, y no te das cuenta que
Yo no encuentro ya que hacer
Se que piensas que no he sido sincero
Se que piensas que ya no tengo remedio
Pero quien me iba a decir
Que sin ti no se vivir...

When he finished I have him a round of applause. He practiced 5 times.
"You think you're ready?" I ask. I was lying on my side with my hand on my head. He did so too.
"I think so. I'm not going to lie I'm really nervous but you know I have to try. I can see myself doing this in the future. Me with other guys following our dream."
"Yeah I see it too."
"Thanks for pushing me to do this. I appreciate it Veronica."
"You're welcome. I want to see my boyfriend and my best friend accomplish his dream."
He kisses me passionately.