The Audition

The days past and soon it was the day for the audition.
"Are you excited?" I asked.
"Y- yes." His voice was shakey. He was really nervous.
"You are really nervous. What can I do to calm you down?"
"Can you sing for me?" He ask.
"Um well ok. Which song?"
"Abrázame muy fuerte." He said. I questioned why that song but I didn't ask. I cleared my voice and he laughed.

Cuando tu estas conmigo
Es cuando yo digo
Que valió la pena
Todo, todo lo que yo he sufrido
No se si es un sueño aún
O es una realidad
Pero cuando estoy contigo es cuando
digo yo

Que este amor que siento
Es porque tu lo has merecido
Con decirte amor que otra vez he amanecido
Llorando de felicidad
A tu lado yo siento que estoy viviendo
Nada nada es como ayer
Abrázame que el tiemo pasa y el nunca perdona
Ha hecho estragos en mi gente como en mi persona
Abrázame que el tiempo es malo y muy cruel amigo
Abrázame que el tiempo es oro si tu estas conmigo
Abrázame fuerte, muy fuerte, más fuerte que nunca..

While I was singing he put his head on my shoulder. When I finished he seemed calmer. I put our foreheads together.
"Don't worry Erick I'll be there watching you. If you get nervous just look at me."

"I will. Thanks." He said. The hours past and we went to the place where they were holding the auditions. He was practicing and practicing. "You have to save your voice Erick." My hand gently touched his cheek. "You're right. I'm excited but really nervous," he said.

"Don't worry if you don't make it you at least tried right? But you'll never know if you don't try. Just try your best. And you know what you already have two fans. Me and your mom" He laughs.

"You're right. I have a very wise girlfriend."

"Yeah I know." I laughed. " I have to go the show is about to start." I give him a kiss and I was about to leave but he grabs my arm and pulls me back to him. I bump into his chest.

"One more." He kisses me. I smile. I hug him tightly and I leave to find my seat by the audience.

I was on the front. A couple of boys already went and they looked really talented. Then I see the person that I was most excited for come up. Erick comes on stage smiling. He look at the audience looking for me. When he finds me he smiles. I smile back.

Alejandra Espinoza asked him, "Cuéntame un poquito de ti, de donde vienes, cómo te llamas, y cuantos años tienes."

"Bueno yo vengo de Cuba, tengo 14 años, y me llamo Erick Brian Colon."

"Por Favor prepárense porque a partir de este momento, la decisión está en sus manos. A votar." She said. The people had to vote whether or not they would think that the guy would be good to stay in the band. If they didn't get past. If they didn't get past 75% they lost and they didn't have a chance to sing and for the judges to judge them to decide if they think that they should move to the next round.

"What?" I said sadly. Erick got a 70%. He was going to walk to his mom when I see Ricky Martin get up and press the button that he wanted to give him a chance to sing for them. I started yelling like crazy that the girls next to me looked at me strangely.

"Perdon," I said shyly.

"Como estas Erick?" Ricky said.

"Bien. Es que no me lo creo," Erick said. He looked happy.

"Mira, este momento es muy importante para ti, para tu vida, para tu carrera obviamente. Decidí que pasaras porque vi personalidad, vi seriedad. Pero en la misma vez comunicabas algo. Había facha. Eso es bien importante. Me gustaría que cantaras. Te queremos escuchar."

"Muchas gracias," Erick said.

"Que nos vas a cantar?" Ricky asked

"Un Siglo Sin Ti de Chayanne." The music started and he sang beautifully like he practiced. It was stunning. When he finished everyone was yelling Si,Si,Si. I was also yelling.

"Es que yo represento las chicas. Soy la chica del sitio. Si para mi." Laura Pausini said. Erick cheered.

"Voy a decir que si." Ricky said.

"Muchas gracias," said Erick.

"Bienvenido a la banda," said Alejandro Sanz. I was clapping and yelling. I wanted to go backstage to congratulate him and hug him and kiss him but I knew that they wouldn't let me go backstage. So I sent him a text.

CONGRATULATIONS OJITOS! IM SO HAPPY FOR YOU!! I told you that you would do good! You make me proud. 🤗🥳❤

Thank you Veronica for pushing me to do this. I might accomplish my dreams because of you. I don't know what I would do without you.

I'll see you later ok?

Ok.

When the show finished I met with Erick and his mom outside. When I saw him I ran up to him and hugged him around his neck. He puts his hands around my waist and carries me and spins me around in circles.

"You did it! You did it Erick!"

"All thanks to you. You kept me calm." We smiled at each other. Then Erick's mom clears her throat.

"Oh um.." I said turning red. She joins the hug.

"Esta bien yo ya tuve mis suspensiones. Y pienso que eres una niña buena para mi hijo." She is still hugging us.

"Erick tu mama es increible." I say laughing.

"Si verdad?" We all laugh. They drop me off at my house. Erick gets off with me.

"Gracias Chiquita," he says.

"Whenever you need me I'll always be there for you," I said and he kisses me. I smile.

"I'll see you later," I said and I go inside before giving him one more good look anbitingng my lip. Then I close the door.