"Right well promise you'll come back then." Lucie giggled and hugged John tightly.

"Alright, Luce." John rolled his eyes and laughed.

"Shit." Lucie remarked looking up at the clock, "I've got to go or else I'm gonna be late."

Lucie waved to John and left Polly's house, speeding her way the the train station. Running on the cobbles in heels was not an easy task. However Lucie just about made it to the train station on time and intact.

Sitting on the train was the epitome of boredom. Lucie sat staring out of the window, watching the smog and thick air of Small Heath disappear, only to see the slightly clearing air of London.

"Can I sit here?" An Italian accent pulled Lucie from her daydream.

"Yes, yes of course." Lucie moved her purse so the man could sit down.

"Where are you coming for." He asked.

"Oh, er, Small Heath." Lucie replied, something felt off, she just wanted to get to Camden Town quickly.

"Ahh Small. Heath. Peaky Blinder territory. And now you are going to Camden Town Italian territory." The Italian replied.

Lucie felt like something was wrong, she could feel it in her stomach. The air was thick around her, and the Italian eventually stood up when the train stopped in London.

"Well tell your boyfriend, I hope he enjoys hospital, with love from Sabini." And then he left. Leaving Lucie confused and worried.

She had no way of contacting Thomas quickly enough. She'd promised Ada that they could spend a few days together. Maybe he wasn't really Sabini. Maybe Thomas was fine.

He wasn't.

When Lucie finally got of the train at Camden Town it was late. Lucie didn't really want to walk through the streets of Camden at night. But she had to get to Ada's house.

"Right, fucking hell. Erm 4.. 7. Oh right it's — jesus fuck." Lucie reached Adas home, the one Thomas had purchased for her. It was beautiful. Much nicer that Lucie's little cottage, which she could barely pay for anymore.

Lucie jogged up the stairs to Adas door and knocked four times. She could hear movement inside the home.

Ada answered the door, her hand behind her back. She looked tense. But when she saw Lucie she relaxed and smiled. A smile Lucie had missed.

"Lucie? The fuck are you doing here?" Ada asked, confused yet ecstatic.

"Bored out of my head up there, Ada. Missed you. I'm sure Polly and your brothers send their love." Lucie giggled and walked into Adas home.

"Well I haven't tided, I would've done if I'd have known you were coming." Ada moved to clear some clothes she'd been mending off the sofa.

"It's alright, I'd only like to stay for one night. I'll be seeing my parents tomorrow and I'm sure they'll let me stay." Lucie sat down beside Ada and hugged her tightly.

"Right well, I've got a spare room you can use it however long you like." Ada smiled.

The two sat and drank gin. Something Lucie had never tasted, but she loved it. Both of them did. They'd spent a while away from each other. Esme didn't get chance to come out often, too busy looking after the children. So it was a nice break for Lucie to have a friend to drink and talk with.

"So where you living now then, Luce? My old room? Tommy's Room?" Ada giggled and wiggles her eyes brows at Lucie.

"Soon it'll be nowhere. Ever since the Garrison burnt down I've been out of work. Thomas offered my a job, but back then I didn't want to get my hands dirty. So I didn't accept." Ada stared at Lucie, listening intently.

"I bought a cottage. All covered with vines and leaves, you wouldn't be able to see it if you didn't know it was there. But I can't pay for it any more. No heat. No lights. I just sleep there and then come to Polly's in a morning and eat her food. No one knows. Not even Tommy." Lucie rubbed her eyes with her hand and laughed quietly.

"Oh god, Lucie. I'm here in this big fucking house and you ain't even got one."

"It's okay. Esme said I can stay there whenever I like, found out my aunt lives in Small Heath too, so I can stay there." Lucie smiled and finished her drink.

"Thank you for the drinks, and the chat. I've really missed you, Ada, please come down soon. Even if it's just for the Garrison reopening. We all miss you." Lucie stood up and hugged Ada before walking up the stairs to her room.

Lucie flopped onto the bed and smiled. She'd missed Ada like crazy. It was nice to sit for a few hours and drink away their worries. Lucie had already decided to spend only a few days in London before heading back. She was still worried about Sabini's words.