Chapter 6: Morning Person

"You look energetic, master." Magoo yawned from the suite's sofa. It's already ten o'clock, and the prince had changed into a casual white robe, yet still refused to sleep. His wet, black hair is still damp from its earlier shower, while his eyes gleamed because of the light of the fireplace.

"I have never met an extraordinary woman before, Magoo. Her pale skin, her platinum blond hair, her gorgeous blue eyes. I have never been so... Filled with admiration."

Magoo yawned, "A pretty one, indeed."

"Whenever her eyes meet mine, there was something building up inside me. And I just don't know what is it!"

"Master, is the bet still on or you're getting lost in—"

"Magoo, I have never felt the need to be defeated, but now, I do. Magoo, the bet is off. I lose. I can never play with someone's heart, especially a heart so beautiful and courageous. Goodnight, Magoo. The bet, is off."

Hearing the click of the lamplight turning off, Magoo's jaw dropped.

It was official.

Someone had melted the cold heart of the Prince of the Northern Isles.

And ironically, it was the Snow Queen who did.
________________________________

He was never one to dress up. But today, oddly, he felt like it to wear the finest suit his mother had made him pack. Speaking of his mother...

His fingers found themselves grasping the golden locket that hung around his pale neck, his groggy expression turning into a smile. The thought of someone he had taken an oath to protect from the cruel world left him weak against his cold interior.

And to think, there was also someone else he thought about that made him smile today.

"Ooh, someone turned into a morning person today~"

"Good morning, Magoo." Aiden groaned, jumping off the bed.

"Oh, on second thought, you didn't turn into a morning person. Your suit is ready, by the way."

The prince stayed motionless.

"Prince Aiden, your presence is requested by her majesty, the Queen."

Magoo yawned, "Well, let's just see—"

Aiden bolted out of the bed, going to the bathroom and taking a shower as fast as he can.

Magoo facepalmed, "Perhaps this is the day where the impossible happened."

Aiden suddenly ran out of the bathroom, black hair combed neatly, suit worn and pants on. He opened the wardrobe, furiously throwing things around and about, and pulled out a pair of squeaky clean black boots.

He pulled on some white socks, then put on his boots. He snapped on his white gloves, grabbing his golden locket and clasping it around his neck.

He snatched the perfume Magoo was about to put on himself, and Aiden sprays some on himself instead.

He marched to the door, opening it slowly, while he fixed his hair.

"Good morning, Prince Aiden! Ecstatic to see my sister, huh? Nice suit, by the way. I would like for you to meet someone in the dining room, and don't worry, my sister's there, too." Anna smiled, grabbing the confused prince's arm and leading him to the dining room.

The dining room looked more like a ballroom, than it sounds like. It was a spacious hall, a long, oak table placed on the center. Many officials, ambassadors, leaders were already seated and dining an enjoyable breakfast, prepared by the talented kitchen staff Anna is a big fan of.