3)Eyes lock, commotions stop.

Start from the beginning

"What is this?"; Ayat inquired with her eyebrows furrowed.

"Yogurt."

"Seriously khala? You really have to stop watching bollywood."; she retorted wiggling her head.

"Uh-huh, open your mouth."

She huffed in annoyance and rolled her eyes, opening her mouth reluctantly while Sabeen spooned some yogurt into it. She then put the bowl on the table and grabbed her dupatta from the couch covering her head with it while Ayat recited Chaar o Qul from the frame from where it was hung on the wall. They both then made their way to the porch towards their car. Sabeen had decided to drop Ayat off on her first day as she was still concerned about her health and even though she reassured her umpteen times that she was perfectly fine, Sabeen didn't believe her. After Sabeen took her place in the driver's seat, Ayat went to open the gate only to find Irha standing there with her left hand lifted up in a fist to knock the gate but instead landed straight on Ayat's forehead.

"OW! Watch out, dude."

"Well that was me knocking some sense into your useless brain actually"; she chuckled coming inside and shut the door behind her, enveloping Ayat in a big fat hug, wishing her the best of luck.

"Thankyou and HAHA very funny. And urghh don't squeeze too hard, you'll pull my hijab down."

"Oops! Sorry."; she said freeing Ayat from her hold.

After exchanging greetings with Sabeen and talking for a minute or two, she waved bye and made her way outside, heading towards her car where her driver was waiting for her.

******

Their car was now running in the glassy road mirroring the sky above and scattering the rays of sunlight streaming through the cumulonimbus clouds. The twirling wind was soaring through the carcasses of leaves which had gone to sleep as the sun had awoken now. She rolled down the window of her seat to let the cool breeze flourish through her face hitting her nostrils as she consumed it. The wind was dancing throwing balls of rhapsody with a tint of sadness towards her and even though she was ecstatic, she had succumbed to the sense of melancholy that was still ensnaring her, blaring somewhere deep down inside her which she hadn't been able to fathom yet. After like an hour, Sabeen finally pulled up the car and came to a halt in front of a humongous building standing still on its pillars with people dashing in and out in continuous waves.

"So this is it. This is your university."; Sabeen told her.

Her heart thumped, pounding as if trying to protrude out of her chest.

She glanced at Sabeen who was reading every Surah she could remember at the time and blowing them over her. Holding her head in both her hands, she planted a kiss on Ayat's forehead.

"Best of luck my love."

Ayat side hugged her and came out of the car. With accelerating heart she scampered towards a huge black gate. After passing through the security guard, she jostled her way through the entrance and a flood of people erupted including the amalgam of students and proffressors. Some were sitting on the benches, some on the grass, some were walking with confident, some cluelessly like her. Some laughing while talking and patting each other. Some were clad in western dresses, while the other in eastern. The hue of sunlight was scintillating through the glistening parchment of the open ground, ravishing every fiber inside her. She held onto the strip of her bag which was wrapped around one of her shoulders and walked around the premises, grazing everything in awe. Her feeling was indescribable. Everything was so amazing. She took a step further and made her way inside through the sliding glass doors. The walls were trailed with big and small bulletin boards at a few distance from each other identifying different notices. She traced them as she strolled forward on a marble floor. Wandering hither and thither aloof while biting her lower lip, her eyes loitered for anyone who could guide her to her class. She was lost in her thoughts of what to do, when someone called her out.