I shook my head as she started towards Steve. "Let me do it."

When I found him, he turned. He seemed sadder than before, now that everyone had cleared out and he had time to think. "When I came out of the ice," he began. "I thought everyone I had known was gone. Then I found out she was alive. I was just lucky to have her. I know I also have you now but..."

I nodded. "I understand, Steve. She had you back, too. It's okay." 

Natasha then came up behind us. Steve didn't greet her, just asked, "Who else signed?" 

She took a deep breath. "Tony, Rhodey, Vision."

My heart twinged at Tony. This was it. We were splitting on this matter. I didn't know what that meant for our family now. 

"Clint?" I asked her warily. 

"Says he's retired."

"Wanda?" Steve asked.

"TBD." She said. "I'm off to Vienna for the signing of the Accords. There's plenty of room on the jet." Steve sighed. "Just because it's the path of least resistance doesn't mean it's the wrong path. Staying together is more important than how we stay together."

"What are we giving up to do it?" I asked quietly. 

She looked at me, with sad eyes. I could tell, then, that she had fully made her mind up. That, like Tony, we differed on this. I'm standing with Steve...but that puts me at odds with my brother and the closest thing to a best friend I have. 

"I'm sorry, Nat," Steve said with finality. "I can't sign it." 

I moved over to stand beside Steve. "Me neither."

"I know." Nat replied.

"Then what are you doing here?" Steve questioned. 

"I didn't want you to be alone." She said. Then, seeing me open my mouth, added, "Either of you." 

The tears came again, and I grew annoyed at them. Nat saw them and came forward to wrap me in a tight hug. She waved Steve over and he joined in too, the three of us knowing that this could be it for a while. We had been a team, finding Bucky and taking down S.H.I.E.L.D. not too long ago. We had exposed Hydra together. Fought together. Been a team, a unit, a family . But now...with the Accords...who knew. 

I stood watching the Accords signing on the screen. Steve was out, deciding to talk to Sharon. I tried not to be annoyed by it and focused my attention on the screen. 

King T'Chaka was on a podium, addressing the room. "When stolen Wakandan vibranium was used to make a terrible weapon, we in Wakanda were forced to question our legacy. Those men and women killed in Nigeria were part of a goodwill mission from a country too long in the shadows. We will not, however, let misfortune drive us back. We will fight to improve the world we wish to join. I am grateful to the Avengers for supporting this initiative."

I understood what King T'Chaka was saying but I knew I couldn't sign the Accords. 

He continued, "Wakanda is proud to extend its hand in peace -" 

A man moved to the podium, shouting, "EVERYBODY GET DOWN!" 

I watched in sudden horror as an explosion went off outside, the glass to the room shattering violently. My mouth opened wide in fear. The cameras were sideways, barely showing us anything. There was just dust and smoke.

Steve. I had to find Steve. I grabbed my jacket and headed outside, trying to call him but he didn't pick up. I called Sam instead. He picked up on the first ring.

"Have you seen it?" He asked immediately. 

"Yes! Where are you guys? Nat's there, we have to do something." I replied, pushing my way on to the sidewalk and looking around, wondering where they could've gone. Sam gave me an address that was only round the corner, and I jogged until I met him. 

I was breathless when I met him. "Where is he?" 

Sam inclined his head towards the building next to us, a hotel I presumed Sharon was staying in. We walked in and found them both by the elevators. "Steve," I said and they both looked at us. Sharon stepped back, almost looking guilty, but I ignored it.

Steve frowned, curious. "There's something you gotta see." Sam told him. 

~

Sharon had let us into her room and we'd turned the news on. She was on the phone, talking to whoever, while Sam, Steve and I watched the TV. Reporters had taken up most of the outside of the building that had exploded.

"...At least 12 are dead, including Wakanda's King T'Chaka. Officials have released a video of a suspect who they have identified at James Buchanan Barnes, the Winter Soldier..."

I heard the sharp intake of Steve's breath. His hand found mine and he gripped it, tight. I gave it a soft squeeze - like I had done at Peggy's funeral earlier. We didn't know what was happening, but we sure as hell would figure it out. 

"Rose?" Steve's voice was soft. I blinked away from the screen and looked at him. 

"Yeah?" 

"Can you fly us to Vienna?" 

I let go of Steve's hand and brushed down my jacket. I hadn't piloted a jet in a while, but it was second nature to me. I nodded shortly. "Just get me a jet." 

~

Sam and I were sat in a cafe. He was eating whatever the hell he'd ordered and I was sipping on a black coffee. Steve came in, walking right up to us. 

"She tell you to stay out of it?" Sam asked, looking sideways up at him. When Steve didn't reply, Sam looked at me and grinned a little. "Might have a point." 

I rolled my eyes at him. "Oh, shut up you."

"He'd do it for me," Steve said, a little sadly. 

"In 1945 maybe." Sam pointed out. "I just want to make sure we consider all our options. The people that shoot at you two usually wind up shooting at me." 

I laughed a little over my coffee. "We have considered our options, Sam. If this is him, if this is Bucky...it should be Steve. And me. He won't listen to anyone else, you saw what happened at the Triskelion. And though I didn't appreciate the time in hospital after...we survived because of Steve and Bucky's past." I took a sip of coffee as Steve nodded.

"Exactly." He said. 

Sharon walked in and came up beside Steve, not looking at us but addressing us. "Tips have been pouring in since that footage went public. Everybody thinks the Winter Solider goes to their gym. Most of it's noise. Except for this." She slid a folder across the table to Steve. "My boss expects a briefing pretty much now so that's all the head start you're gonna get."

Steve took the folder. "Thank you." 

"You're gonna have to hurry. We have orders to shoot on sight." She left and the three of us looked at each other.

"Well, boys," I said, then downed my drink, wincing at the bitterness. "Let's go catch us a solider."