3

Thermonuclear Astrophysics 

"Is he saying anything?" Fury's voice asked through mine and Nat's headsets.

"Not a word," Nat replied. 

"Just get him here. We're low on time.

"Hey, can you manage?" I turned to face Nat, sliding down my headset. "I need to stretch my legs."

She gave me a curt nod and I thanked her, getting out of my seat and moving to stand where Tony was. "Hey, big brother," I grinned, throwing my arms around his neck. 

"Hey there, little sister," he ruffled my hair and let me go. "Did you enjoy my entrance?" 

"You just had to be the dramatic one, didn't you?" 

"Makes a change from it being you," he countered.

I glared at him. "Okay, that was rude." 

Tony simply chuckled and fell silent as Steve wandered up to us, his face set in a solemn expression. "I don't like it," he said to us, standing next to me and facing the opposite way to Tony.

"What, Rock of Ages giving up so easily?" Tony joked.

"I don't remember it being that easy," Steve pointed out. "This guy packs a wallop."

Steve and I turned to face Loki, who was strapped into his chair with a hardness. He was silent, just looking around at each of us in turn. 

"Still, you're pretty spry for an older fellow," Tony looked at him, Steve looking back at him slightly offended. "What's your thing, Pilates?" 

"What?" Steve asked.

"It's like calisthenics. You might have missed a couple things, you know, doing time as a Capsicle." 

"Tony, don't antagonise him," I scolded him but he ignored me. 

Steve's expression hardened slightly. "Fury didn't tell me he was calling you in." 

"Yeah, there's a lot of things Fury doesn't tell you," Tony told him.

Before I could interject, there was a loud clap of thunder rolling across the sky and thick clouds converged. 

"Where's this coming from?" Nat's voice sounded worried.

I frowned. "I'm pretty sure the weather forecast wasn't stormy..." I muttered.

 Then came the lightening in brilliant white bolts and I automatically gripped onto Steve's arm as the sound surprised me. The three of us glanced down at my hand around Steve's bicep and I quickly let go and coughed. 

Steve's attention went from me to Loki behind me and I composed myself before turning to watch him. "What's the matter?" Steve asked. "Scared of a little lightening?" 

Loki looked at the three of us. "I'm not overly fond of what follows."

"What follows?" I echoed and shared a glance with Tony.

The jet suddenly jerked with the force of something hitting the roof. Tony quickly reached for his mask, putting it on and the eyes lighting up as I pulled my gun from my holster and click the safety down. 

Tony moves towards the end of the jet, flicking the hatch so it opens. "What are you doing?" Steve yells at him. 

"Tony, you can't go out there!" I added before gasping as a man landed on the open hatch, a thick silver hammer in his hand; Thor had officially arrived. Tony raised his arm to blast him, but Thor just hit him with his hammer and sent him flying back. He then grabbed Loki by the neck and dragged him out of the hatch again, using his hammer to fly off.