2

Germany

I squinted as Phil, Steve and I walked down the ramp of the aircraft and onto the base of the Helicarrier in the middle of the sea. Steve glanced around at everything and I grinned as I spotted Natasha walking over to us, her red hair as vibrant as ever. 

"Agent Romanoff," Phil introduced. "Captain Rogers."

"Ma'am," Steve nodded formally.

"Hi," Natasha simply said. 

"Nat!" I threw my arms around her shoulders and she sighed before hugging me back.

"Nice to see you, too, Rose," she smiled as I pulled away and then she faced Phil. "They need you on the bridge, they're starting the face-trace." 

"See you there." Phil nodded and walked away, leaving the three of us alone. 

Natasha led the way, Steve and I following. "It was quite the buzz around here when they found you in the ice," she told him. "Rose and I thought Coulson was gonna swoon," 

We shared a smirk. "Did he ask you to sign his Captain America trading cards yet?" I asked Steve.

"Trading cards?" he repeated. 

I grinned. "They're vintage. He's very proud." 

Steve didn't reply, instead his eyes landed on a man several feet away, looking awkward and turning in circles at everything around him. "Dr Banner," Steve called. The man faces towards us, still confused, moving over to Steve.

"Yeah, hi," He greeted, accepting Steve's outstretched hand. Dr Banner looked at him. "They told me you would be coming." 

"Word is you can find the cube?" Steve asked. 

Banner glanced around. "Is that the only word on me?" He looked back at Steve.

"Only word I care about," Steve reassured him.

Banner nodded a bit, he gestured at the space around him. "This must be strange for you, all of this." he noted.

Steve glanced around at the planes and the men jogging in uniform. "Well, this is actually kind of familiar." 

I came up behind them both and placed a hand on either of their shoulders, the men turning to look at me. "I hate to ruin your conversation, boys, but you might want to step inside a minute." 

They looked at me with questioning eyes but Nat answered. "It's going to get a little hard to breathe."

A loud whirring made us look out towards the sea. "Is this a submarine?" Steve asked me. 

"Really?" Banner shook his head. "They want me in a submerged, pressurised, metal container?" 

The men walked out to the edge of the base as Nat and I shared a knowing look. They both looked down to see the huge propellers rising from the water, spinning dangerously as we began to rise.

They both stepped back. "No, no, this is much worse." Banner commented over the wind. 

"Shall we?" Nat calls and Steve and Banner turn around, nodding. 

We follow her inside and down a few corridors, the two men constantly turning their heads left and right to take in all the equipment and machinery around them. Nat and I glanced over our shoulders at them, smirking slightly at their amazement, as we walked into the bridge room.  

Nat walked off to find Fury as I stopped and turned around. Banner had gone left whilst Steve had gone right up to the railings to look out at everyone working. I leaned against the table in the center as Steve and Banner converged at the sight of Fury.