1

warning... contains suicide references and deep stuff. please don't read if that applies to you, or will trigger you. i personally hate writing about this, but it's for the story... i'm so sorry everyone...

Jordan
20:17pm

They say it's a false alarm.

Was it that kid from the roof?

Or the one who kept following you?

Y/N??

Did you have a stalker I didn't know about??

Y/N 🖕🏽🍩 is typing...
I'm fine. With a friend. Have a nice life and STAY THE HELL AWAY FROM US.

Seen, 20:18pm

"Morning, Y/N."

She smiled, closed mouth at the boy she'd depised since childhood. She couldn't remember exactly when the argument began, something to do with him stealing her potatoes.

Hard to recall.

"That's Officer L/N to you, Officer Leed."

"I told you, call me Jordan."

She purses her lips together.
"I don't think I want to."

"One day, you'll give me the satisfaction of giving me your donut."

"WHAT THE FU—"

A door opened, cutting off her voice. Leed chuckled.

"Officer L/N. Is there a problem here?"

"Not at all, sir. Officer Leed here was just being his usual idiot self."

"That doesn't explain all the shouting." Officer Renolds, a real dickhead and her boss, looked down at her from his chiseled features.

"And I'd advise you don't speak of a colleague that way, especially to your superior."

"Roger that. Imma go get coffee."

"Actually, I've got an assignment for you." He smiled coldly, handing her a black vest that read:

NEGOTIATOR in bold white letters. She groaned.

"What's it now? Hostage situation?"

"Suicide attempt. He's on the rooftop of this very building, in fact."

"Shit. Why is he here?"

"Snuck in. And he'll be dead if you don't get up there and talk him off that roof right now."

As she waddled past, trying her best to squeeze into the best obviously meant for some curvy blonde, Renolds lowered his breath.

"It's raining. Don't slip. It would be a shame to lose our finest officer to something so miniscual like precipitation." Irony and sarcasm etched into his voice.

"Why don't you save him then jump yourself?" She muttered.

She saluted, two fingers at her brow instead.

She stopped at the door, back facing Renolds. The e/c eyed girl smirked. Y/N had come up with a plan.

"How about a bet? If I win, you have to admit I'm a better officer than you, and that you were only promoted 'cause you're a man?" She prompted.

Renolds smirked.

"And if I win? Oh, Y/N. What will you do for me?"

"I'll admit you're a great boss and never question your authority again."

He wouldn't take a bet if he knew he wasn't going to win, but he said:

"Sounds like a deal."

She raced to the rooftop, careful not to skid on the water.

Y/N stopped herself by gripping a rail and pulling herself into the doorway of the roof.

A sobbing dark haired male was staring at the ground, at the cars skidding like ants fifty feet below him.

He spun when he heard the door opening.
"Please help me."