Chapter 18

I stood there frozen as I stared at the door where Danni had just been standing less than a minute ago. My heart was pounding and my mind was spinning. What had I just done?

I finally had gotten her back. She was back in my arms where she belonged. It was all so right, the feeling of holding her against me. I just wish she had returned under better circumstances. I swear to fucking God I am going to kill Sean. How dare he?!

Suddenly, a stabbing pain in my chest pulled me out of my thoughts. The realization of her absence hit me like a brick. She was gone.  I had kissed her and she pulled away and just left. I just scared her away.

“No…” I whispered and pulled at my hair walking over to my bed and placing my head in my hands. “No, no, no…” I can’t believe it. It all felt so right. She had come back and told me she made a mistake. She came to me for comfort. I was obviously still important to her. But how could I have been so stupid as to kiss her then? Even if it felt right for me, she had just been raped for God’s sake. Can someone say idiot?!

I sat there, thoughts flying through my head, making me feel nauseous, but I didn’t know what I could do? I had really pushed it. I’m not sure if I could fix this. I’m not sure if she’d come back this time.

I heard a knock on my door before it opened. My eyes shot up from my hands and my heart skipped a beat. Danni?!

“Uh… hi Liam…” she said nervously, her eyes puffy and red. I was frozen for a second until my heart fell in my chest. It was Sami.

“Hi Sami…” I sighed, my voice strained. Seeing Sami reminded me of Danni in the outfit Sami had given her for her first date with Sean. When Danni dressed like her sister, you definitely found it hard to distinguish the two.

“What’s wrong with you?” she asked, her voice frail, cracking with each word. What happened to make her this upset? She was always so freaking happy, or as Danni would call her ‘Sami Sunshine’.

“Better question is, what’s wrong with you and why are you here?” I asked. It was a good question. She never came here, except for the few times she had come to hang out with Evan. They had hit it off well.

“I just figured Danni would be here. She’s always here.” She said with a smirk.

“Haven’t you heard? She’s not supposed to hang out with me.” I said, deciding not to relive or even count our reunion from just prior.

“Yeah, but she wasn’t home, and I didn’t think she’d still be with Sean. I figured she had snuck out to come see you. I know she can’t stay away from you for long.” She said her smirk retuning.

“Well, she actually did come by… but uh… she just left a few minutes ago. Why are you looking for her?” I asked with a sigh, tying not to show how hurt I felt right now.

“I needed someone to talk to right now and she just came to mind. I uh… just broke up with Nick…” she said and I saw more tears threatening to spill from her eyes.

“I’m sorry. Why?” I asked.

She sighed and ran a hand through her hair. “Danni was right. Nick didn’t love me. He just heard I was easy. I’m sick of being easy. I want someone who cares about me. I want a relationship like yours and Danni’s.” she exclaimed.

I cocked my eyebrow at he. “We don’t have much of a relationship at this point.” I said somewhat bitterly. “I doubt you want something like this.”

“Liam, I see the way you two have looked at each other. It’s so obvious how much you care about her. And I know how much she cares about you too. I saw how much it hut her to not to talk to you every day. She was never as happy with Sean as she was with you. Not even close. You two just deny it too much.” She said as if it was so obvious, her eyes locked on the floor. After a brief pause she turned to look at me. “I’m so jealous. You’re both so lucky to have each other and you’re not even thankful for it. You just ignore it.”