COUNTDOWN TO MIDNIGHT

CHAPTER 56

The night came quickly. The stench of death filled the vast room.

The closed down theater was now filled with dead men. The true bloods loyal to Matthew filled the theater in vast numbers. Demons wearing black suits stood one floor above the ground floor. They stood close to the terrace, watching below without a sign of movement.

In the middle of the ground floor was a pedestal with a long wooden pole and Bel, who was tied to the pole.
Thick pieces of wood and twigs were place under Bel's feet.

Four men dressed in black cloaks stood in front of Bel as they were performing a ritual.

Her hands were tied to the pole, her head bowed down, beads of perspiration stood out on her forehead. Her skin and hair was dump with perspiration just as she took in short weak breaths.
She could feel her life force slowly fleeing from her body. But just as she was ready to give up, the doors to the theater barged open.

"I really hope we're not late for the party," a voice said at the door.

Bel slowly raised head and saw Michael and Jacob walking into the theater.

"Jacob, Michael, you're right on time," Matthew said, holding the bars of the terrace as he looked down at them with a smirk.

"Good. Now, you can either let the lady go free and listen to what we have to say or we can cut the small talk and get right to killing each other," Jacob said.

"Lucky for you it's not midnight yet so say whatever it is you have to say," Matthew said.

Jacob removed a dagger from his jacket and held it up to Matthew, the same dagger he got from Joey. "Does this look familiar?" He asked.

Matthew was stunned by the site of the dagger. "Why do have Mara's dagger?" He asked with a little bit of fear in his voice.

"Long story short, she's back and coming for all of us. I suggest we put our differences aside, end her ones and for all then we can all go back to killing each other, what do you say?" Jacob asked with a smug on his face.

"I see that sense of humor hasn't left you," Matthew said. "But I have a better idea. I'll kill your beloved girlfriend, taking the power within her that will make me indestructible, kill you too first and then kill Mara later."

"Actually she's not my girlfriend," Jacob said. He tilted his head on one side facing Michael. "At least we tried to negotiate, now it's time to have some fun, " he gave a grin as his eyes changed to red.

"Kill them," Matthew gave his command.

Suddenly two half bloods raced towards Jacob but before they could make a move on him, Jacob's hands were already squeezing their necks. His grip tightened as the half bloods struggled to break free. Jacob has a smug on his face showing signs that what he was doing was effortless.

He snapped their neck then ripped their throats out.

"Do you have to be so messy," Michael gestured.

"Oh you know me, what's a fight without a little bloodshed," Jacob said.

Half bloods were now charging from all angles.

"This is going to be fun," Jacob said with a grin on his face.

A pale faced muscular half blood charged towards, Michael, his eyes crimson with a dagger in his hand. Michael readied himself just as the half blood flew into him, sending both of them crashing to the ground.

Michael rolled the half blood's dead body off of his with a dagger pierced into the half blood's chest.

Michael jumped to his feet, realizing that Jacob was caught in a fray among six half bloods.
In a blur movement, Jacob plunged his fists into two half blood's chests and ripped out their hearts.  He then ripped out the throats of two other half bloods and using his inhuman speed, he took the daggers from the remaining two half bloods and pierced them into their hearts.

With blood dripping from his hands, Jacob shared a look with Michael.

"Like what you see old friend?" Jacob questioned with a grin.

Michael was about to speak when they both heard laughter close behind.
They quickly turned, their eyes darted around the deadly scene. A half blood charged at them but soon met his end by the hand of Jacob, just before he could make a move.

They glanced around as they heard the laugh again.

Jacob's eyes flitted to the side and glare onto a true blood he hated, mark. Mark was surrounded by half bloods entourage wearing black suits.
Jacob's heart lurched in his chest. His jaw was clenched tight, then his fists clenching slowly until his knuckles were white.

Mark then gave a grin. "Hello, Jacob. Why do you look so angry?" He questioned with a smirk playing on his face.

Michael noticed the rage building inside of Jacob.

"Jacob, stick to the plan," Michael said.

Mark held a dagger up in his hand. "I have your dagger Jacob, come get it," he provoked.

"It's a trap Jacob,  don't do it," Michael warned.

"I don't care, he killed Vanessa. Today he dies," Jacob said through gritted teeth.

Then with a commanding slice of his hand, mark pointed at Jacob, and his half blood entourage charged at Jacob.

Without a hit of remorse, hesitation or struggle, Jacob mutilated the half bloods that charged at him. His eyes were upon Mark once again. There wasn't just rage in his eyes, but also evil, alot  of it.
He glared at Mark as his body quivered.

"Still angry about the wife, are we," Mark mocked keeping his smirk on his face.

Adrenaline surged through jacob's veins like wildfire, consuming and controlling him as he charged towards Mark with inhuman speed.