DEMON'S ORIGIN

CHAPTER 19

Michael and Bel sat on a picnic blanket cuddled up together at the hill top. It had been months now since they had first met. Bel visited Michael at his place and sometimes found Sophia who also visited him from time to time. Bel got to know Sophia and they got along very well.

That afternoon, Michael held Bel close to him as though he was saying goodbye to her. It worried Bel alot because she had never seen Michael cling to her that way, only in bed. But in bed he held her like his missed her for years. This was a different kind of touch.

She touched the side of his face lightly and gently turned him to meet her gaze. She stared at him for a moment with nothing but a warm smile on her face.
Even when you're so serious, you still look so handsome, she thought to herself.

"Michael?" She called, still staring in his eyes. "What's wrong?" She asked gently.

He stared at her for a while and couldn't bring himself to say anything. "It's nothing, I'm fine," he said, lowering his head.

Bel traced her plam under his chin and rose his head gently to meet hers. Their eyes locked on each other, Bel stared at him and with her perfect smile. Her innocent eyes looking into his.

"Something's bothering you, Michael. It's okay, you can tell me."

He stared at her and still couldn't tell her what was on his mind. "I just don't want to lose you," he replied, still staring at her.

She said nothing and placed both her hand on each side of his face, dragged him slowly to meet her and their lips met.
She gave him a slow and smooth, passionate kiss. She opened her eyes and looked at him with a smile on her face.

"You're not going to lose me," she convinced him. "Tell me, what's on your mind?"

Michael stared at her but couldn't hold his gaze and he closed his eyes. He exhaled lightly, and he looked her in the eyes again. "I know I should have told you this long ago but I didn't know were to begin," he said.

She had a worried look on her face. "What it is?" She asked.

"I'm not who you think I am."

She had a confused look on her face. "What's that supposed to mean?" She asked, shaking her head lightly.

"When you told me about what happened to you, to Lana, about what you saw. The creatures that you've seen that aren't actually human. I should have told you the truth then. I was a coward and I was scared," he said.

Bel wanted too freak out from everything he just said, but she kept calm. "So what are you saying?" She asked

"Bel, I'm one of them, I'm one of those creatures," he said.

She chuckled with disbelief. "What are you talking about," she smiled.

"You don't live in the world you think you do."

"What's that supposed to mean?" She asked with a confused look on her face.

Michael said nothing and closed his eyes for a few seconds and exhaled heavily. He opened his eyes and they were crimson red. Bel's eyes widened and she was startled. She crawled backwards slowly but couldn't get herself to stand. Her breathing was heavy and her heart was beating very fast. She had seen this before and now she's looking at it closer. Suddenly she froze and couldn't move her body.
Michael's eyes changed back to their normal sky blue, but Bel didn't look at him the same way she always did. They was something different about him now. He wasn't the same Michael she knew.