AMBUSH

CHAPTER 33

Michael could hear Bel's heart beating through her chest as fear ran down her body.

It brought back so many painful memories when he saw the fear in her eyes. He pulled her closer to his body as he rapped his arms around her waist protectively and she did not withdraw from his embrace. She rested her arms on his hard chest and glanced up at him, leaving only inches away from his face.

"It's okay," he said, assuring her as he gazed into her eyes. "I won't let anything happen to you."

"What's going on?" Bel asked.

"Matthew's here, and it looks like he brought company," Michael replied.

"He want me, doesn't he?"

"I can't say for sure, we just need to get out of here."

"I'm not afraid of him," Bel said.

"Good for you, but you should be," Jacob's voice came from behind Bel and she turned and saw him walking towards her and Michael. "You've got to get the hell out of here because I'm about to cause a scene," a grin formed on his face and he started to walk away.

Michael quickly put his hand on Jacob's chest to stop him. "What are you doing, lots of innocent people will get hurt in the process," he said.

Jacob jerked Michael's hand off his chest. "Does it look like I care, your friend has something for mine and I want it back. One way or another I'm going to get it back, even if I have to go through you to do so," he said through gritted teeth.

Jacob pushed passed Michael and began to walked where Steve was standing on the top floor.

When the fire alarm went off, people began to exit the building in a hurry. Jacob came to a stop and glanced up as people bumped into him when they rushed for the exit. He recognized a familiar face and saw that it was Mark, the true blood that killed his wife Vanessa.

Jacob saw the smirk on Mark's face and rage began to build inside him. He began to pull out a dagger from his jacket, but as he did, Mark quickly throw one towards his direction.
It was so fast that the human eye could not see it. However, Jacob saw it coming and dodged the dagger.

As the dagger went passed Jacob, Michael stood as a shield in front of Bel as the dagger came and made it's way into his back.

Michael groaned when he fell on one knee. Bel's facial expression suddenly changed when she saw Michael dropping to his knee.

"Michael!" Bel shouted with fear. Despite the fact that she was no longer together with Michael, she still cared about him.

Bel removed her mask and quickly dropped to her knees. "Are you alright?" She asked with concern and Michael nodded in pain. "Hold on, let me get this out of your back," she said and stood up to remove the dagger.

When Bel pulled out the dagger, she glanced up and saw the true bloods staring at her with surprised faces. Matthew walked and held the bars in front of him.

"At last, the prophecy has came true," he said to himself whilst staring at Bel with a half smirk on his face.

"Matthew, are you seeing this? It's her, she has been reborn," Marcus said.

"Bring her to me, I'd like to have a word," Matthew commanded.

Marcus nodded at his men and they began to make their way towards Bel.

They began to charge and Michael saw the number of men in black suits that were approaching.
He took his eyes off them and onto Bel who looked worried because he was still in pain.