Chapter 2: It All Started With A Bet

A clash of swords fought that night, as two men battled each other over their games in the kingdom of the Northern Isles. The candle in the nearby table flared furiously, the light showing the two faces of the men.

It was an absurd time to fence, but for the cold-hearted prince of the North, it was a normal time to cross swords with his personal guard.

His emerald green eyes gleamed in the moonlight, his white-gloved hand pushing back his sweaty jet black hair. His pale skin was dipped in his own sweat, his white shirt damp as the handsome prince panted in exhaustion.

His opponent was no more than a shorter man, with a slight scruff of a beard. He had brown eyes that focused on the handsome prince, locking their blades.

The metal sword his opponent finally pointed at him marked as his enemy's victory. The guard laughed, "Prince Aiden, I might as well boast this to your father that I have beaten his son in fencing."

Aiden frowned, "Perhaps. We still have a game of chess, and if ever you beat me to it, well it seems I have to deal with the bet you have for me."

"Master, you are quite the competitor. But I believe in myself too much to fool myself I'd lose."

"Magoo, you're just smug and all. Just you wait, that bet shall be lifted upon my cravat." Aiden smirked.

"We'll see, young prince."
____________________________________
A groan elicited from Aiden's lips after slamming the chessboard in defeat.

Magoo laughed, fixing their equipment, eyeing the candle that gave light to their game.

"Alright, Magoo, impressive. Now, what do you have in for me now?" The prince asked, playing with a chess piece.

"Fine, but put the bishop down first." Magoo then received the bishop piece, and he carefully locked the chessboard in his satchel.

Aiden looked at his guard directly, his eyes can be read out of patience.

"Alright, princey boy. Since you lost two matches, your bet might as well be two times the difficulty." Magoo chuckled.

Aiden smirked, "There's no bet difficult for your master, dear Magoo."

"Ooh, let me continue. Do you know of the upcoming European Summit going to be held in Arendelle?" Magoo asked quietly, to make it more mysterious for the prince.

"Ah, yes, definitely. The king has chosen me as our kingdom's ambassador, thank you very much." Aiden smiled.

"Well, the Queen of Arendelle is the summit's main speaker.... If you know who the Queen of Arendelle is, master."

"Oh. The ice and snow wielding lady, am I correct? One of the king's colleagues told me they met her once, and they said the girl was breathtaking up close. How old is this lady ruling Arendelle, Magoo?"

"She is just as your age, Aiden. Anyways, about the bet, here comes the real challenge." Magoo chuckled wickedly.

"Get on with it, Magoo."

"Fine. I want you to woo the Queen of Arendelle for the rest of your stay because of the summit."

"Excuse me?"

"I thought nothing's too difficult for you?"

"Magoo, many had tried to offer their hearts to that Queen, rumors had said all of them were rejected! Of course I'd be no different!"

"Relax, master. It's only for a few weeks."

"Oh, I'll see what I can do," Aiden grumbled.

The two sat in silence for a while, before Magoo started again, "Have you spoke to your father, master?"

Aiden growled coldly, "I do not bring myself to speak to the king, Magoo. I do not speak with men being abusive towards my mother who raised me nicely."

Magoo sighed, "You don't even call him your own sire."

"I bid you goodnight, Magoo. Perhaps tomorrow we can settle on a much more pleasant topic for both of us." The prince coldly spat, sheathing his sword and storming off eventually.

Little did he know, that tomorrow, he'll meet the girl that would melt his cold heart.