XXII

"Yea, we're doing it."

First dates were always something that was hard

First dates were always something that was hard. But a fake first date? Am I supposed to be nervous? Should I be worried? Or am I not supposed to care this much?

It's been a month since I first told Ryder that I wanted to do the date and after many arguments with Ryder, who clearly still cares deeply for his 'childhood best friend who is no longer his best friend' - he's in denial, we finally, well he finally agreed to do it. I opened my walk in closet and chose the newest pink Gucci heels, and paired it with a white Chanel skirt and pink sweater, both a gift from father's friend, one of the top designers of Chanel. Not trying to brag here. Just as I was adding finishing touches on my makeup and lip gloss, someone knocked.

I opened the door to Ryder in a light blue pants and a white dress shirt.
"Hey beautiful," Ryder said casually as he walked passed me, a lazy lopsided smiled rested on his face

"Are the Roses for me?"

"Dang I forgot about the roses, yes Roselette it's for you," he pouted "I was trying to act cool for once, you know? The mysterious lazy but cool vibe Alex always pulls off?"

"Why is it that you always have to bring him up?"

"I don't!"

"Yes you do Ryder."

"I don't"

"You do"

He rolled his eyes, "Because! Roselette! He's your epic love! I'm just your rebound! Don't you get it? This hurts me! I like you. I genuinely like you more than a friend and this... this plan? This thing that your doing really isn't helping. We've been hanging out a lot this past month and after your split with Alex and honestly? You've been saying and acting like I'm the rebound, but with every single time and thing you do I'm still hanging on to that small hope that just maybe it's for real and that you really are feeling something. So please, what is this between us? I need to know, I can't do this anymore without knowing."

My eyes widened in shock. His words leaving me speechless. Why am I surprised? I knew he liked me? Deep down I knew I was toying with him. So why was I so lost in words?

"Please Roselette... at least give me a chance, stop thinking of me as a rebound, or as his best friend that can make him jealous. Think of me as your friend and someone that can be more. Just one chance."

I took a deep breath and breathed out the only word I was able to produce

"O-okay"

I shook my head. What's wrong with me? So I cleared my throat and regained my balance and confidence

"Okay. One chance Ryder, it's only fair."

He nodded and a smile replaced his of frown

"Shall we then milady? Our reservations are waiting."

"We shall." I hesitated "my kind sir"

He smirked slightly and I giggled, he led us out to a clearing beside the school where a helicopter awaited us.

He looked back at me as he led me through the clearing towards out transportation, a bright grin in his face with a hint of nervousness; sure Alex was never nervous, he always walked in confidence. He can be sweet and cute but never nervous. However maybe, just maybe, this change, this difference, is good.

This date might not be that bad after all.

ALRIGHT THIS IS A SUPER SHORT CHAPTER ITS THE BEST I GOT

BUT PLEASE READ!!!!

I am struggling some one please help me about how the trade routes in Mecca changes things in both the Muslim community (religion) and changes things overall in the Arabian peninsula!!!!!!! PLEASE HELP