~ Chapter 10 ~

Shawn's pov

I stood next to the candy bar waiting for y/n, with a bouquet of roses in my hand. I've never been this nervous before, I've always been a calm guy, but when I'm around y/n, that changes completely.

I was wearing black jeans and a button-up top, paired with black boots, which is my usual look. I slightly gelled up my hair, making it somewhat presentable, but leaving a few strands out on my forehead. 

As I was calming the butterflies in my stomach I heard footsteps and immediately shot my head up, and walking towards me I saw y/n. She looked beautiful, the way the white, angelic dress clung of her body sent shivers down my spine. She gave me a shy smile and I returned one back...

y/n's pov

As Shawn smiled at me the butterflies died in my stomach once again. I noticed that there was gel in his hair and he had cologne on, which smelled heavenly. 

"Hey y/n."

"Hey, Shawn." I chuckled. His smiled widened and he laughed too.

"so what movie are we going to watch," I asked.

"uh, I waited till you came so we can both choose."

"oh, sweet!" He laughed at my choice of words and I furrowed my brows.

"sweet?" he rudely questioned with a smile.

"yep!" he laughed once more, and I joined before going up to choose a movie.

A/N (btw guys this book is set in 2019 but he's younger, so like from 2016, but looks kinda like now.)

We ended up choosing the movie; Spider-Man Far From Home, which I had wanted to see. I found that we both love Marvel, so that was great. As we headed to the cinema room, my smile didn't fade one bit, and neither did Shawn's.

We chose to sit at the back at the cinema since the middle row was already full. As we walked up I tripped over a step and nearly spilled our popcorn. Shawn giggled to himself and I swatted his arm. He exaggerated the pain with his facial expressions and I laughed a little too loud, making people give me weird looks. We eventually sat down and the movie started, after the ads of course.

At about 1 quarter in the movie, Shawn put his hand over my hand, which was on the armrest. I looked over to him and smiled, with him smiling too.

At about 3 quarters in the movie, Shawn put his arm around my shoulder and lifted up the armrest, so I could move closer to him. I did obviously and enjoyed every last second of the movie, with his arm around me.

Once the movie finished, and we waited till the last secret scene, we headed back to his car, and as I hoped in, the butterflies in my stomach were still buzzing.