~ Chapter 9 ~

At about 3:00 am I woke up, and I couldn't go back to sleep. I kept tossing and turning up until 6. I couldn't get the date out of my head. Situations and possibilities swam around my head and my anxiety was at an all-time high. When I got up I was wide awake, but I still went downstairs to have a coffee, since I live on them. Once I had my coffee and some toast (i was hungry, ok) I went back upstairs to get ready for the date, even though it was in 12 hours.

I had a shower and shaved my legs since I wanted to be as presentable as possible. I also washed my hair so that is was nice and silky. I got into my robe since I didn't want to crinkle my dress and just sat on my bed for a while, daydreaming about what was to come.

I picked up my phone and saw that Shawn had texted me.

S: Goodmorning ❤

I smiled at my phone, he's so nice ahhh, I can't wait for the date, but also I'm so anxious. But I texted back, returning the kindness.

M: Goodmorning! I'm looking forward to tonight 😊

S: Haha, me too :)

I locked my phone, grinning and thought about Lily. 

Should I tell her? She's my best friend and I trust her with all my secrets. But Shawns her brother! How would she take it? 

I decide to not tell her, not wanting to risk anything. If it gets somewhere I will, but if no, I won't. I nod to myself and pick up my lyric notebook, ideas swarming around my head. 

For about an hour I write down even more lyrics, about Shawn and Lily, and everything that's going on in my life. 

For my whole life, Lily has been my best friend, and Shawn has been my crush, so after all this time and now he notices me, it's so crazy. Why now? Why not years ago when I was best friends with Lily. I think about this for a while, and before I know it it's already lunchtime, so I make a sandwich and eat alone since my mum works on Saturdays and I'm the only child.

Ever since I was a kid I would always be so lonely when Lily wasn't with me. So I've always been so invested in music since that was one of the things that helped my bordem, that kept my company. At first, I learned to play keyboard, only the basics though and I soon found out that I could write songs and I just really became fond of that. I've gone through so many lyric notebooks that I've lost count. And when I would write a song and created chords I would show Lily, and she would always support me. After finishing my sandwich I went back to my room and looked in my notebook again.

knock knock knock

I looked up from my notebook and while doing that I slammed it shut. I saw my mum, once again standing in my door frame.

"Hey, hun"

"Hey, mum" I chuckled.

"I was wondering if you wanted to go out for dinner tonight?"

"oh," I rubbed my neck. she gave me a concerned look.

"you don't want to go out for dinner?"

"no, no. I'm going out tonight, to the movies."

"oh, with who?"

"um Shawn," I said quietly.

"Ooh, is it a date?"

"umm maybe... But please don't tell Lily!" I said a little too quickly.

"hmm okay... well have fun tonight." 

"I will, thanks, mum." 

And with that, she walked out of my room.

I looked at the time and saw that it was 3:00 pm so I started to get ready for the date. I did a natural makeup look since we were just watching a movie, but it was still a date. Then I curled my hair into beach waves and grabbed two pieces from each side of my head and twisted them, then joined them at the back. After I did that I got into a pastel blue dress carefully, without harming my hair and paired it with some nice white flats. I looked at the time once more and saw that it was 5:30 so I asked my mum to drop me off and I told her that Shawn would bring me back home.

Once mum had driven me to the cinema I said goodbye and i walked in. And standing near the snack bar, I saw Shawn holding a bouquet of roses.

A/N

we got to #39 for the shawnmendes hashtag now BACIBDSIHVHUICBDUC and we're three away from 200 views!!!