Chapter 18 Contract

It's been two weeks since Chris is like this. Everyday I'd come over and just stare at her. God knows she's the most beautiful woman I've ever laid eyes on, even after being submerged in water for weeks her skin still holds colour and manages to look so soft.

"I won't be responsible for the aftermath of touching that water."

I was so lost in thought I didn't even sense Angel enter the room.

"I know."

I whispered but I knew she caught it. She's an experienced witch after all.

"I don't mean to interrupt your ogling but Ecclues wants to talk to you."

I took a deep breath and managed a crooked smile, I really didn't feel like moving.

"I know. I know. But it is important."

She dragged out the I know part and pulled me by the arm. She lead me all the way down the stares and into the backyard.

"Really?. He's the one you're going to ask??."

As I stood in the backyard the afternoon sun tried to blind me which got me irritated and then to hear a certain unwanted rogue just added to the batter.

"Miss Angel is there something more important than watching over my mate out here???."

I held all the respect to my tone but I could tell she knew I was irritated.

"You need him."

Ecclues gritted out at her stubbornness and now we were all just staring at each other and the only thing that plagued my mind was Chris....Chris.

"I've got a suggestion Miss Angel."

Angel raised an eyebrow and slightly smirked.

"You do know you could just call me Angel or Ange?. Just take away the Miss...throw it away...burn it with fire."

She exaggerated way too much but I have to say that's what I like about her.

"Let's make a deal. Contracts can be drafted if it's needed."

The attention now dropped on me and yet again Ange raised a brow.

"Let's hear it and then I'll let you know if contracts need to be drafted...Mr. Formal."

She whispered and pouted at the last part.

"I love your daughter Ange...there aren't enough words to express how much I love her and I want to be prepared for our future."

Ange looked taken back by what I said but kept quiet.

"I know come close to nothing about witches and she knows come close to nothing about wolves. So I propose I help her, train her and equip her with the knowledge she needs in exchange for an open encyclopedia on everything witch related. The cures and curses and spells... Everything."

Ange stretched out her hand for me to shake and I did. The moment our hands touched I felt an intense burn.

"First lesson, never make contact with a witch. Whether you know them or not. I just sealed the contract, binding you to your words. Any witch can easily do this just by touch, they can bind you against your will, bind you to them without your knowledge."

When she let go of my hand the letter C appeared in cursive on my middle finger and we both made eye contact.

"We're both doing this for her. That's why that letter appeared."

She raised her hand and showed me the same thing was on her finger. I took a deep breath and turned to face the rogue.

"Join my pack."