Heart of Darkness

Elena: "Alaric?" she asks walking over to cellar window Alaric: "Yeah? Still me

Alaric: "Yeah? Still me. You know you shouldn't be in here. Defeats the point of the whole being locked in a cellar thing." he says as she opens the door to the cellar
Elena: "Well, you still need the basics. Toothbrush, clothes, some boring books to help you sleep."
Alaric "Doctor Jekyll and Mr. Hyde"?" he asks holding the book up
Elena: "What? No, I got-- Damon. Thinks he's hilarious." she says sighing out
Alaric: "At least one of us still has a sense of humor."
Elena: "Are you sure that you-- I mean, you don't have to be kept in here."
Alaric: "Oh, no, this is...Ah, this is the right place for me to be. At least until you guys can convince my highly uncooperative alter ego to 'fess up to where I-- or he hid the white oak stake."
Elena: "We looked everywhere. You...The other you hid it well."
Alaric: "What's Klaus going to do if you can't find it?"
Elena: "It's the only thing that will kill him, so...Wage war. Murder people. You know, Klaus stuff" she says before looking over at him a little hesitantly "So, look Stefan is going to watch over you for a little while. Now that Klaus knows where Jeremy is, it's not safe. So Damon and I are going to go to Denver to pick him up."
Alaric: "Why do you say that like you're waiting for me to disapprove?"
Elena: "I don't know. Me and Damon, traveling across the country."
Alaric: "Well, I guess I'm more curious to hear what Stefan has to say about it."
Elena: "Actually, it was his idea. He thinks that I have some unresolved feelings for Damon."
Alaric: "Do you?"
Elena: "I guess that's why I'm going on this trip. So I can figure it out."
Alaric: "And what about Jaylan?"
Elena: "She's doing the Jaylan thing. Saying she's ok even though she's really not."

Damon: "Did you hear from Klaus?" he asks dropping the bags and seeing Stefan standing in front of the fireplace
Stefan: "Not yet. I'm sure I will soon, though. He's expecting me to deliver two stakes. I only have one."
Damon: "Well, that's going to be disappointing for him."
Stefan: "I'll get it out of Alaric. I just need some time."
Damon: "I like that confidence, Stefan. I don't share it, but I like it."
Stefan: "You don't think I can do what it takes?"
Damon: "Well, you're good Stefan again. You're in control. Sorry, you might get the girl but you lose the edge. Speaking of...Have you ever flown first class?" he says as Elena walks into the room
Elena: "Who did you have to compel for that?"
Damon: "Please. I used miles." he says grabbing the bags taking them outside seeing Jaylan put Brielle in her carseat "Last chance. Pull the girlfriend card and I will stay."
Jaylan: "It's fine Damon." she sighs
Damon: "Can you say something other than 'It's fine."
Jaylan: "What do you want me to say Damon? No I'm not happy that my boyfriend and best friend who just so happens to have weird confused feelings for my boyfriend are going on a trip. But Elena can't go by herself and I have plans and Stefan..." she says sighing closing the back door "You are the only option,so the only thing I can say is that "It's fine."
Damon: "Nothing's gonna happen. We're gonna get Jeremy and then find out who Rose was turned by and then come home."
Jaylan: "I'll believe that when you come back and say that nothing happened. Until then..." she says getting in her car as he sighs watching her drive away