Pilot-Part 2

Tanner: "The Battle of Willow Creek took place at the end of the war in our very own Mystic Falls

Tanner: "The Battle of Willow Creek took place at the end of the war in our very own Mystic Falls. How many casualties resulted in this battle?" he asks looking around before picking someone who wasn't paying attention "Miss Bennett?"

Bonnie: "Um...A lot? I'm not sure. But, like, a whole lot." she says making some people snicker

Tanner: "Cute becomes dumb in an instant, Miss Bennett. Mr. Donovan. Would you like to take this opportunity to overcome your embedded jock stereotype?"

Matt: "It's okay, Mr. Tanner. I'm cool with it."

Tanner: "Hmm. Elena? Surely you can enlighten us about one of the town's most historical events."

Elena: "I'm sorry, I don't know."

Tanner: "I was willing to be lenient last year for obvious reasons, Elena. But the personal excuses ended with summer break."

Stefan: "There were 346 casualties, unless you're counting the local civilians."

Tanner: "That's correct, Mr?-"

Stefan: "Salvatore."

Tanner: "Salvatore. Any relation to the original settlers here at Mystic Falls?"

Stefan: "Distant."

Tanner: "Well, very good. Except, of course, there were no civilian casualties in this battle."

Stefan: "Actually, there were 27, sir. Confederate soldiers fired on the church, believing it to be housing weapons. And they were wrong. It was a night of great loss. The founder's archives are in Civil Hall if you'd like to brush up on your facts Mr. Tanner." he says making everyone chuckle.

Jaylan: "Nice job newbie" she says as he looks over behind him and laughs

Later on that night Jaylan walks towards the bonfire to see Stefan and Caroline talking and she looks around before heading over to Bonnie and Elena

Bonnie: "Just admit it, Elena."

Elena: "Okay, so he's a little pretty."

Jaylan: "He has that romance-novel stare. "Stefan looked deep into her eyes, piercing her very soul." She says making them laugh

Bonnie: "So where is he?"

Elena: "I don't know.You tell me. You're the psychic one."

Bonnie: "Right, I forgot. Okay, so give me a sec. Grams says I have to concentrate."

Elena: "Wait. You need a crystal ball. Uh" She says before Jaylan hands her a beer bottle she found "Ta-da." She says as Bonnie touches the bottle and jumps a little while gasping "What?"

Bonnie: "That was weird. When I touched you, I saw a crow."

Elena: "What?"

Bonnie: "A crow. There was fog, a man."

Jaylan: "Does Stefan have a thing for crows or something?" She asks after seeing Elena and Bonnie's shocked faces