There Goes the Neighborhood

Stefan

Stefan: "Get up were gonna be late." He says walking in Jaylan's room
Jaylan: "Late for what?" She groans pulling the covers over her face
Stefan: "School. Come on."
Jaylan: "You're letting me go to school? That's funny."
Stefan: "I'm serious."
Jaylan: "For real?" She asks moving the covers off her face
Stefan: "Yes. You've been doing good with crowds and I think it's time to see how you handle the day."
Jaylan: "You're not messing with me right?" She asks sitting up
Stefan: "Nope. Now get dressed. We gotta get you some food before you go."
Jaylan: "More deer and bunnies?"
Stefan: "Yes. Let's go." He says as she jumps out of bed and goes to the bathroom

" He says as she jumps out of bed and goes to the bathroom

Stefan: "Damon hasn't said a word to me. Every time I try to talk, he shuts me down."
Elena: "Think he's trying to find Katherine?"
Stefan: "I don't know. He waited 145 years only to find out that Katherine could not care less. And it's gotta hurt, right?"
Elena: "And it couldn't have happened to a nicer guy."
Stefan: "You have every reason to be upset."
Elena: "Mm-hm."
Stefan: "Have you thought any more about what are you gonna do?"
Elena: "About what? Isobel, my vampire birth mother, who's related to my ancestor, Katherine who screwed over your brother? Nah. I haven't thought about it at all."
Stefan: "I'm sorry I brought it up."
Elena: "It'd be nice if we could get through a day without having to deal with it. No vampire mother or brother."
Stefan: "No vampires at all?"
Elena: "No vampires but you. I just wanna get us back to normal stuff like school and homework. And here's a thought-Fun."
Stefan: "Ooh, that sounds good to me, when do we start?" He asks as she laughs
Elena: "Speaking of vampires," She says looking over at where Jaylan is at her locker "How's she doing? You sure she can handle this?"
Stefan: "She's been working on it. And the only way for things to get better is for her to do the things she did before like, school. I'm keeping my eye on her though. Don't worry."

Jaylan: "Hey Mr. Saltzman." She says knocking on his classroom door
Alaric: "Hey Jaylan comes on in. Glad to see you here."
Jaylan: "How are you doing? With the whole being dead and coming back to life thing?"
Alaric: "Still trying to process it all. Think I'm in shock."
Jaylan: "Yeah it's like that for a while. Anyways I wanted to give this to you" She says handing him a folder
Alaric: "The Ripper of Monterey." He says looking at the paper
Jaylan: "Yeah. It's interesting. Not a story that got told."
Alaric: "Well I'll look it over and get back to you." He says as she nods and goes to leave and turn back
Jaylan: "Mr. Saltzman..why'd you do this for me? Most if not all the teachers here wouldn't have a problem with piling on the work watching me squirm just to pass."
Alaric: "When I first heard about you from Jenna, I felt sorry. I was under the impression that you were dealing with losing your parents at a young age. And I know what it's like to lose someone you love" He says as she looks at him sympathetically "And then when I found out you were a..you know. It didn't feel right punishing you for something you had no control over."
Jaylan: "Thanks. And I know I don't know you well but you seem like a cool guy. Your wife was stupid to leave you." She says making him smile a little and she goes to leave but he stops her
Alaric: "You can call me Alaric. I know your secret, you know mine." He says making her nod her head waving bye before leaving