Appear to Disappear

Start from the beginning

"Bye!" Hange replied, waving at her.

"I'll see you later." Levi followed behind, pulling her closer, and giving her a long, passionate kiss. He pulled away, realizing that she had to leave.

"Save some for me for later. You be careful." he grazed her cheek with his thumb.

"Mhm. I love you." he stiffened, making her chuckle. It was the first time she's ever said that to him without hesitation.

"I love you too." he quietly responded and gave her a final kiss on the forehead.

She smiled as she walked off to her bus stop, her heart still pounding at great speeds from him saying "I love you" to her. He had kissed her and shown more affection to her this week than he has throughout their relationship. Her smile widened.

---

"I'm so sorry to put you here this sudden (y/n)." Linda apologized as she hurried to get to the door.

"It's fine, Linds, just get home safe!" she waved her goodbye.

"Thank you! I owe you!" Linda called out as she ran to her car.

The day was slow, considering the fact that it was midday on a work day. She had nothing to do but read a book from the shelf.

"The Reappearance." she murmured to herself as she read the title.

She read for a few hours while managing the cash register and helping people from time to time.

For half an hour, there were no customers and she read a few chapters of the story without interruption.

I sat in the diner for hours, waiting on the person I had to meet. The waitresses took notice of the absence of my supposed companion, leaving me to dine alone and expect their presence for hours. She thought I was waiting for my significant other, but I was waiting for someone I had to do business with.

"Ma'am, do you want another coffee?" the waitress who had been loyally serving me this whole time asked for the 5th time. "It's on the house." she offered as if to console me. Did I give off the look that I was upset?

"Yes please," I took another look at the ringing door, looking for the person I was to meet.

The waitress saw my eyes light up as he came into the diner- not out of excitement but out of impatience. I tried to hold a smile as he approached me, his familiar face returning the same expression.

"Hi,"

"Hi," she snapped her head from the book, forgetting that she had a job to do.

She looked up at the person before her. She felt like she knew him, but she doesn't recall where or when she'd met him.

"H-how can I help you?" she examined him- tall, dark hair, brown eyes, and... Freckles.

Freckles, she thought. That possibility crossed her mind, but she knew that was stupid. Only Hange and Levi knew how to get there, Hange was the one who devised the key. Plus, she thought, Marco's dead.

"I was just wondering if you guys were hiring," he asked with an air of politeness to his voice.

"Yeah, we are. Do you have a resume?" she asked. It was perfect. If she could get his resume, she would be able to see his name unless he used a fake name or it was not him.

"Yes I do," he took out a folder and handed her his resume.

Her heart pounded as she looked at the name on the top of the page. There was no way this was him, he was deceased after all.