Chapter 1: New Beginnings

The nightsky is veiled with bright, twinkling celestial jewels, the nightsky like a canvas of a dark blue fading to a gentle purple. Here, as a kingdom in the north fjord is lit up, abuzz in activity, we start the new tale of our beloved Snow Queen.

Every kingdom should be asleep, tucked in and saving energy for their duties and errands to run the following day- Arendelle would be an exception.

The kingdom was buzzing with life; blue and yellow banners hung throughout the bright lower city, lamp posts on and every street lively. Children played unusually energetically in the night, clutching pearl white snow in the early season of Autumn.

The main central of the lower city was the main attraction. A large, grand feast is being held for a very important victory; done by the ruler of the kingdom itself.

On the very end of the table, is no other than Arendelle's latest heroine and queen, Elsa.

Beside her is a strawberry blond princess, holding a burly man's hand who fed his reindeer a carrot, Anna, Kristoff, and Sven.

The Arendelle citizens had insisted to hold a grand celebratory feast for their queen, to show their gratitude for her heroic act.

Anna couldn't agree more; it was more than a heroic act. It was almost a scene where you can put up a new page in the history books.

Everything escalated quickly, though. All at once. They found out the truth about their kingdom, Elsa's powers, and a hidden tribe in the Enchanted Forest called the Northuldra, which is their new allies.

The Northuldra agreed to celebrate with them, eager to see a kingdom up close and learn a new culture. They had their own traditions, and culture, yet they were too amazed to see another even exist.

Ryder couldn't even get his eyes off the beauty of the nightsky, it used to be endless days and nights with just seeing fog.

Honeymaren talked with some of the nearby residents, laughing along with them. The Northuldra children played along with the Arendelle children, dodging snow against each other lightly.

Lieutenant Matthias talked and conversed with the other Arendellian Guards, especially Captain Lars, exchanging adventures one by one.

"You should consider going back in place, Lieutenant Matthias. You were King Agnarr's personal guard, I am sure her majesty Queen Elsa will offer you a higher position." One soldier said, "It would be a thrill to have a long lost soldier with us again."

In the end of the table, the Queen happily spoke with her sister and her future partner.

"I'm happy for you, Anna. You finally marry the right man." Elsa smiled, "Welcome to the family, Kristoff. But you've been a part of it all before, you know."

"Thank you, Elsa, but you know what, it's getting a bit late. I promised the Northuldra that I will assist them to go back to the forest."

"Oh, of course. I have to turn in, too. It's been a tiring adventure, to be honest. But don't worry, during weekends we can visit Bruni and the others."

Anna gave her a big grin, "Also that water spirit. The Nokk, am I right?"

"Yes, one of my spirit friends. I consider him as one of Arendelle's closest allies, alongside the wind and Bruni, as well as the Northuldra. It feels refreshing to accomplish something and get rewarded by new friends."

"Well, what do you know, there's more adventure waiting for us in the castle. Last one to go inside doesn't get hot cocoa!" Anna grinned mischievously, running excitedly as Olaf and Elsa ran after her.
____________________________________
After emotional and hearty talks, the group finally agreed to turn in and hit the hay. Anna yawned, changing to her nightgown and lying down.

Elsa sat on the edge of her sister's bed, "Seems like being chased by earth giants wore you down."

Anna laughed, standing up and hugging her sister, "I don't want you doing risky business again, okay? You just love to make me cry."

"Hey, don't think about it again. I'm here, I melted, and most especially, I'm here with you. I'm not going anywhere." Elsa smiled, kissing her sister's forehead. Anna smiled back, then stroked her sister's hair which is free from its usual french braid.

"You're more beautiful with your hair down. How come you never wear your hair down often?"

"It's something new I have to try. I got so used with my hair in a chignon or a braid, I feel very different with it down." Elsa chuckled, caressing her platinum blond locks.

"You're really breathtaking, sis. I've always wondered why I'm getting married earlier than my older sister."

"What do you mean?"

"Oh, slow Elsa. I meant you haven't taken interest in a man yet... I mean, every man in Arendelle will be tripping over their heels for you, except Kristoff, that is."

"Anna, I am already happy and content with you, Kristoff, Olaf, Sven, our family. I don't need a man to tell me otherwise." Elsa shook her head.

"But don't you want to try something new, for once? We're always going to be here for you, but soon, the council will have to ask a king from you. I know how those guys are."

"I don't need a king for an heir, Anna. You're my heir. You're second for the throne, if I recall correctly."

"Elsa, someday, I know, you'll find that perfect man that will make you smile every day, and would care for you just like I do. I just know it. Maybe not now, but I know you will. And once you find him, you won't regret it. Love's a wonderful thing, Els. Besides coming from a family, it comes from somewhere else too."

Elsa frowned, "Wherever else?"

"Oh, you'll find out soon. I mean, you need a Kristoff of your own. I just have a feeling that man would be crashing in your life soon enough."

"Yeesh, Anna, that hot cocoa may have too much sugar.." Anna laughed, "No, Els. But come on, let's turn in."

"Yeah, I have to turn in, too. I also have a meeting tomorrow with the council, they were talking a summit of some sort. Perhaps the European Summit which is holding up tomorrow."

"Goodnight, sis. Love you."

"Love you too. Night."

The wind blew peacefully that night, rattling every warm-colored leaf in each tree. The curtains swayed in the air, as the two heroines of Arendelle fell into a deep slumber.

The queen, however, didn't know, that tomorrow, she will meet someone that will change her life forever.