Prologue

Hope you like it! Cheers xx. 

Prologue

I gritted my teeth, trying not to lose my patience as the little mutt ran around. He had begged me for four whole days to go to the damn park. I finally relented, not being able to handle his whimpering anymore. It was annoying. 

And the worst part is, after all of his begging, he didn't even use the toys the human kids played with. No, the little shit was completely happy with just running around in the grass. Pathetic. It's probably because he's not normal. He's one of them. I felt my fists tighten. It would be so much easier to just kill him like the rest and forget the plan. 

"Remind me why we're putting up with him again?" Nick murmured to me. 

His eyes were trained on the boy, watching him with disgust. I taught Nick well; Only at fourteen, he was my best accomplice. He was relentless; the only reason he hasn't mauled the mutt was because I told him we needed him. And we do. 

"We'll need a wolf sometime or other, Nick," I told him. "It's better to recruit one now and raise it like us, rather than him being in a pack." I spat the word like it was venom in my mouth. Disgusting animals, they are. I felt pleased with myself that I had recruited this one when he was too small to remember anything about his heritage. 

"Yes, father," Nick replied. 

I turned my head back to watch the mutt, my eyebrows raising to see that he was not alone. There was a girl chasing around with him. She was small, but could keep up with the boy. A realization came to me. She was like him. She was one of them. Anger surged through me as I took a step, planning to separate them, when I saw a figure walk up to the two. 

I froze when I recognized him. Alpha… 

He smiled down at the girl, almost looking like a normal father watching out for his beloved daughter. But I knew better. These people weren't… people. They needed to be destroyed. 

"Come, Kiara," The Alpha said, almost dragging the reluctant little girl away from the boy. She hung her head and followed him, taking one last look behind her shoulder. I felt myself seethe; The stupid mutt almost revealed us! 

"Connor," I hissed, knowing he would hear me with his heightened senses. Although the boy was only about five, he was starting to show his wolf transformation. He ran up to me. Nick reached a hand out and thumped the back of his head. 

"Yes, Da?" He replied, ignoring Nick. I resisted the urge to slap him myself. 

"I'm not your father," I said between gritted teeth. "And I told you I would let you run around if you didn't talk to anybody." The boy looked at the ground. 

"I just wanted to play," He countered. "She was nice, Daddy. She made my 'tomach feel happy." He smiled weakly. 

"I'm not your goddamn father!" I shouted. The mutt looked up at me with wide eyes. That's it, I've had enough of this kid. I scoffed, making him stumble backward. 

"Did you really think you would become her friend? The Alpha's daughter? What, you thought the Alpha would accept you? That becoming closer to his daughter would…" I trailed off, and idea suddenly springing in my mind. 

"… Earn the Alpha's trust!" I gasped. That's it! That's the plan! We were going to get rid of the wolves once and for all. We get rid of the Alpha, and destroying the pack is a piece of cake. I almost laughed. It was too easy. 

"Connor," I said sweetly. He looked up at me with sad eyes. "We need to train. I'm going to make you very big. And very strong. Just like Daddy. Would you like that?" He nodded enthusiastically. Nick looked at me like I was insane. I gave him a scowl that shut him up instantly. 

I picked up the mutt, trying not to vomit. But if I want him on our side, I have to start treating him better. He's the one. The "chosen one" if you will. 

He's the one who will destroy the Alpha once and for all. 

There you have it! My second story everrr. Thanks for reading :). 

Please don't forget to Fan/Vote/Comment and enjoy!