"Who would that be?" Steve asks, his eyes growing serious.

"I-I don't know." You shake your head terrified before hesitantly going to open it.

Immediately you feel like you're going to scream. But luckily it catches in your throat, choked down by some other feral noise instead because there's no way you would want the kids to wake up and see this.

As you slowly start to pull the door in towards you you feel a heavy weight leaning against it. You look out to eye level and don't see anyone standing there. But then you let your eyes fall to the ground and you see the legs of someone lying on your front doorstep, splayed out behind them. A strangled cry leaves your lips as you fling the door open completely and next thing you know your husbands head lands pretty much at your feet, his body in a crumpled heap on the ground.

He's so bloodied and battered and bruised that you don't recognise him at first. But when you do your first thought is, oh my god he's dead.

Bucky's POV:

I look around the big, empty warehouse that I stand in the middle of. I'm slightly confused. There's nothing here. No site of anyone or anything having been here anytime recently. But something doesn't feel right. They must be here, they have to be.

Unless they know something that I don't...

With a bad feeling coming over me I decide to head out and go back to my camp out to radio base and see if they have any new info. But just as I head for the door a whole group of men come out of nowhere right from where I'm heading and form a line blocking my way, their hands hidden behind their backs no doubt hiding weapons of some kind. They all wear black, all have blank expressions on their faces.

"Hello Sergeant Barnes." One jeers menacingly. "Going somewhere?"

Instantly, I take up a defensive stance, scanning the line of men.

"Wh-who are you?" I ask boldly.

"Oh I think you know who we are." Another chuckles.

I watch as one of them starts to circle around behind me, pulling out a baseball bat and swinging it around playfully. My feet shuffle around to follow his tracks, but then I stop.

"Turn around and I'll blow your brains out." One of them growls.

I whip back around to see him pointing a gun at me. My heart skips a beat and my hands fly up to show that I'm defenceless.

"What do you want? I'll do anything," I say, trying not to panic.

"We want you back," another says menacingly. "But you and your friends took that chance away from us. So now we think it's only fair that if we can't have you, no one can."

"What?" I frown.

But then it clicks. They must know that I can no longer be triggered.

"How the hell do you know that?!" I shout angrily.

"Easy now." The first one reasons a little more calmly, taking a step towards me. "We don't want this to go down any more messily then it's already about to."

I cock my head at him, confused. But then I hear the shuffling of feet as the one who I had completely forgotten was behind me comes up and next thing I know there is an almighty whack as he hits me square in the back of the head with the bat. It rattles my brain, I see stars and collapse to the ground, falling to my side.

"Ahh!" I shout and my hands go to the back of my head.

Straight away the same guy is on top of me, pinning me to the ground. I watch with blurred vision from the knock as the rest of the group advance on me, each bearing a different array of weapons whether it be balled up fists or a knife. Their footsteps echo the closer they get.