14 - A Child

I don't know why I immediately thought of that vine but I did so there.

*+*Another year goes by. Russia's eye is fine now*+*

We walk through the park.

I have the box in my pocket.

Meri's taking me to the lake where we like to skip stones.

He pets Munchkin, our white husky dog.

We reach the lake.

He turns to face me, and I kneel, pretending to look at good stones, then I look up at Meri.

He smiles "Did you see any good ones?"

I look down again. "I thought I saw one..."

Then I pull out the box and open it. Meri gasps, and I say "I found the prettiest one of all."

I can't actually see it, and I never looked at it, so I have no clue what Meri's seeing.

Then I ask "Will you marry me Meri?"

He hugs me. "Of course!"

He slips on the ring. It's a beautiful piece of ruby, with small emeralds embedded in the gold ring around it.

I put the box in my pocket, and we skip stones while munchkin happily jumps around and plays with us.

*+*Time skip to after the wedding and honeymoon (It was a bunch of fluff. No smut, you sinful children. America's too innocent for that.)*+*

We're watching a movie in the bedroom. Munchkin is curled up on my lap, with his head on Meri's leg.

Meri leans on me. "What if... What if we have a kid?"

I look at him. "What? But we're both guys, how would that even work??"

"We're countries, Russ. We can take some of our territory and make it a country, who will be our child!"

"We'd have to fly back to our old town and talk to UN about it.. He's the one who would know about this stuff."

Meri nods. "Let's wait a little while though. We need to make sure it's safe to go back there."

He leans on me, and we fall asleep while the movie continues.

*+*A few months later*+*

We're flying back. Heading to the town we used to call home. It's not somewhere we want to be, but we have to talk to UN in person, and he lives there, so...

Meri lays his head on my lap and yawns. He didn't get much sleep last night, since he had some things to finish.

The lady sitting next to me looks disgusted. Not at me, she's just disgusted at something.

I yawn. I didn't get much sleep either.

The Karen scoffs. "You two should have gotten more sleep! I'm sick of hearing your yawning!"