Sinister - Chapter 20

"Sister....when will you come back ?" Yuzu's Voice echoes softly in my ear. Every time she speaks, her voice had a different tone to it "hey sister ! It's been some time hasn't it ? Sorry that i didn't visit you...." it's happy but also guilty.
"Hey....it seems he's really angry at me this time....I don't know what to do..." many different conversations flow to my mind. "What are these ? Why can't I remember them ? Is it one of those dreams again ?" I asked myself, while standing in the middle of a field out of yellow roses.

"Weird...this is a dream about Yuzu right ? Why are there roses ? She hated them" I picked one up and observed it.

"Pretty aren't they ?" Looking back to the source of the voice, I see Yuzu in a night gown, smiling sweetly at me

"Yuzu ?! What are you-no...I forgot this was a dream" she stepped closer, graceful like she always did.
"Well, you can think of it as such...how are you these days ?" Yuzu asks me while holding a rose. "Kaname is acting weird, locking me inside our dorm and not letting anyone near me, beside that, I'm fine." A refreshing soft breeze blows last us, sending rose petals to fly around us. When the breeze calmed down, I couldn't see Yuzu anywhere.

Desperately I called out her name. "Don't go ! Why are you always leaving me Yuzu !" My desperate cry was greeted with silence. There was nothing, nothing other than a clear blue sky and yellow roses to comfort me. I slumped down to the ground, hugging myself "Kaname is distancing himself from me....doing something that I don't know of and only coming home at night. Zero lost himself to his blood thirst and Yuki doesn't even remember me as her sister ! Why did you have to leave me Yuzu ? Why did we even had to part in the first place ?" After some time, I heard a soft giggle coming from the distance.

"I see that you've never changed....I'm sorry that I can't be by your side dear sister. I can promise you something, that we will see each other soon, well, at least when you've recovered all your memories." I stood up looking around for any sign of her.
"Where are you ?! What do you mean with, after I recovered al my memories ?" She sighed "you'll see when the time comes, please remember, to be careful around our brother." Before I could say anything, someone pulled me out of my dream.

I blinked my eyes a few times, to adjust them to the sudden darkness greeting me. "My lady, it's time to go to class" Seiren said, helping me to sit up. "It's already dark, it wouldn't matter if I go to class now" she sighed, looking me in the eye seriously. "It's your duty to represent your clan and also the night class students....I'm afraid there are many vampires, who would die for seeing Kaname-sama and you, Sienna-sama, fail as the head of house Kuran" I winced at her words, remembering how scary and dumb the aristocrats can be.
I stood up, glancing at Seiren, indicating that I want her to leave me alone.

She bowed and stepped out of the room, closing the door. It's already this late and Kaname didn't even check on me ? Is he not home yet ? I've tried to ask him about Zero these last days, but the only answer I got was that Zero is too dangerous for me. So I wasn't allowed to visit or even ask about him, I would only get the silent treatment anyway.
It's like Kaname is trying to hide something from me.
After changing into my uniform, I walk down the stairs to the lobby and saw Seiren already waiting by the main door.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I entered the classroom, everyone became silent and bowed to me.
Takuma approached me "how are you Sienna ? It saddens me that we only see you at class, it seems like Kaname is being extra careful these days ?" I smiled at him, glad to be around people again. "He's very busy...I only see him at night, do you know what he's up to ? It angers me." Takuma chuckles "well, even though I'm his right hand, I don't even know about everything he's been or will be doing. Only you would know that right ? Does it at least put you at ease for a little to know that ?" I giggle at his words. He always know how to cheer me up. The others approach us and join our little chat.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"AIDO ! could you stop talking about your hobby to collect trash ?!" Aido glared at Ruka after she said that. "That's not 'trash' ! That are objects that fell victim to Kaname-samas overwhelming powers, it's an honor to be able to pick them up !" I grin at the cheerful conversation. There are just a handful of vampires, who serve us voluntarily without expecting something back. It's not like the others don't serve us out of respect or something similar to that, but still I've realized that it's more fear that overcomes them, when they witness our powers.
I'm glad that we have Ruka,Senri,Rima,Kain,Aido,Seiren and Takuma at our side.