♡13: A Weekend To Remember

A Weekend To Remember

unedited

After te storm passes and all seemed well, I started getting back into the swing of things. The word, "Welcome" as soon as I opened the Third Music Room door, made me truly feel like I was home. I followed mu usual routine: first, a conversation with Haruhi and then I'd go sit with the twins for a while. I wondered what their customers would have done had they seen them kiss like I did. That thought struck a small smirk on my face; I think Kaoru noticed. As always, the twins swooned the girls with their little acts of brotherly love and had them wrapped around their long and delicate fingers. Once the Host Club was dismissed, I stayed with the twins to give them a proper farewell... the hardest part of my day next to waiting to see them.

"Well, see you guys tomorrow," I said giving them each a hug, but when I hugged Kaoru, he held me tighter than usual, as if he wasn't about the let go, "What's wrong Kaoru?" I whispered into his ear.

He smiled, I couldn't see it, but his smile was so alluring I felt it, as his head rested on my shoulder, "Meet me outside the garden." He whispered back in an almost pleading tone.

"Huh?" I choked. His voice was so soothing, I almost forgot how to breathe.

"I want to take a walk with you, okay?" He asked.

I slowly pulled away from him and nodded,"Alright."

『Time Skip』

Once outside, I sat down and waited on one of the stone benches, watching one of the fountains. It was a calming place after a long day, and I felt so relaxed, "Hey there," I heard Kaoru call as he slowly walked up to me.

"Hey," I replied, "is there something wrong?" I asked, standing up.

He smiles and shook his head at me, "No, I really did just want to walk with you, that's all."

He just wanted to spend time with me, "Why's that?" I asked, wishing I hadn't said it. It sounded so rude. He might get the wrong idea.

 His smile turned into a smirk that reminded me of Hikaru and took my hands in his, leaning in close, so I could feel his breath against my lips, he whispered,"Because I wasn't ready to say goodbye just yet." My face did exactly what he was hoping for and flushed. A soon as he got that reaction, he led me deeper into the garden. There were so many roses around us, I sort of wondered how any place could be this beautiful and realized that when I was with Kaoru or Hikaru, the whole world became more vibrant.

"You don't have to be so shy, you're usually a bit more talkative than this," He pointed out, stroking the back of hand with his thumb.

"I'm sorry," Why did I apologize? "I guess I was just a little caught up in the moment." I said turning my gaze toward him. His eyes shined brightly and he smiled.

"It is lovely, isn't it?" Kaoru said in agreement, "I've wanted to asked you to come with me for quite some time, but I didn't think you'd want to or Hikaru would have already."

"Why wouldn't I want to Kaoru? I love spending time with you." Did I just use the word love in that sentence?

I could tell that made him happy to hear, because his whole body seemed to relax after that, "I'm glad that makes two of us." He replied, squeezing my hand gently. Coming up was a gazebo to our right, "Let's sit down." he urged, pulling me over to it. I allowed him to lead me toward it, and sat down on its steps. He took a seat beside me and smiled at me thoughtfully.

"What?" I asked curiously.

"You're just acting a bit strange around me," He analyzed.

"I don't mean to be, this was just a little unexpected for me." I answered.