『02』Meeting the Weirdos a.k.a. The Host Club

Meeting the Weirdos a.k.a. The Host Club

Dedicated to westernmoons for writing Encaptured, which I enjoyed!

Edited

The room stayed moderately quiet as we walked side by side. Some girls gave a look of astonishment that Haruhi was welcoming me here; others of disgust for her charity. She seemed to be ignoring their passing glances though, so I did the same. Once in a while, my eyes would wander across the room to watch how the hosts interacted with the girls. The girls seemed rather happy to be in their presence, but how could they not? They were really beautiful guys. The only problem is that not too often are beautiful guys, such as these, actually gentlemen.

"I'll introduce you to some of the hosts." Haruhi said smiling. She lead me to the nearest little set up. There were two boys; one tall, dark and handsome and the other small, boyish and cute. The little boy grew excited immediately upon Haruhi coming to greet him.

"Ha-ru-chan!" He beamed happily. He dove off the couch and into her arms welcoming. He then looked over to me and tilted his head. "Who's this?" He wondered, as Haruhi set him down. He came over to me quickly and linked his arms behind his back like a little kid would do when they wanted something. "You must be the new transfer student! My name is Honey!"

I was surprised that he'd heard about me, but word probably got around fast at this place. "My name is Chelsea. It's nice to meet you." I said, mirroring his posture and linking my hand behind my back. ➳ gif

He seemed to find my shy posture humorous, because his smile grew. "This is Takashi." He said hinting the tall guy who had yet to say a word. Finally, he nodded in my direction and I froze for a bit, wondering why he didn't say even a hello.

"Everyone calls him Mori though." chimed Haruhi.

"It's nice to meet you too Mori." I said trying to smile, but feeling nervous suddenly.

Then he did something that seemed out of character for him. He smiled at me.

I was surprised. These two were totally different yet they seemed to have quite the bond. "Are you joining the Host Club?" Honey asked with his same bubbly enthusiasm.

"Maybe." I answered.

"I hope you do! You seem nice! We should be friends!" He said giving me a quick hug before bounding back to the couch and taking his place back at Mori's side.

Haruhi then lead me elsewhere, as we walked I spoke up, "They seem nice."

"Yes, Honey and Mori are very nice. You've met Tamaki, he's the blonde guy who greeted you when you first came in. Kyouya..." She looked around. "I guess he's busy doing host club business or something. Quite frankly I'm never sure, but you'll meet him eventually. Now... for the last two I have to warn you...they're a little..." She paused thinking of the right word. "Devious..."

"Let's play the 'Which one is the Hikaru game'!" I heard two voices in unison say.

We weren't far from the final two hosts, and they were twins.

"Hikaru! Kaoru! I want you to meet someone." Haruhi called to them as we approached.

When they turned their heads to see her, their eyebrows perked when they saw me. I couldn't help, but admire them a little, they were really handsome. They both placed a hand on their hips. "Who's the girl?" One questioned.

"Her name is Chelsea." Haruhi replied.

"You must be the Yankee everyone's talking about." The other said.