『05』Beach Party

Beach Party

Dedicated to AyiSarabia for following everyone!

Edited

Surprisingly as the day went on the girls grew less tense. They were all too busy with the hosts to be eye balling me. When we got to the beach, the two regulars Hikaru mentioned immediately came up to us and slowly pushed me out of the little group. Instead of making a scene, I decided it would be a good time to see Haruhi and in turn, get away from the twins constant teasing for a while. I had to ask Haruhi what I should do about tonight. I was sort of disappointed knowing the fact that even though I knew Haruhi was a girl, all the customers thought she was a boy, so I couldn't stay the night with her, so she could protect me from those mischievous twins.

When I got to Haruhi, she wasn't surrounded by any girls, which was a relief. I wouldn't have to be eye balled the whole time while trying to speak with her, "Hey Haruhi." I said sitting down beside her.

"Hey, glad you decided to come." She answered smiling the same smile I had gotten used to.

"I didn't really have a choice in the matter. Those twins are ruthless." I said flatly.

"Yeah, they can be... sorry about that." She said, rubbing the back of her head.

"I didn't know we were staying the night here... will there be enough room for everyone?" I asked trying not to be so forward to ask, "Will there be enough room for me?"

"Believe me Chelsea; we've been here once before. This place is the equivalent of a hotel. There's plenty of room."

I nodded and hugged my knees.

"Is there something wrong?" She caught on right away.

"I don't know..." I said as my eyes wandered toward the twins.

"Miss them already, huh?" She said tilting her head.

My face flushed, "No." I huffed.

"It's okay if you want to switch hosts you know? It's not like I won't be your friend anymore if you go to the twins instead of me."

"No, Haruhi..." I wondered if I should tell her I knew. Would she freak out? "Look, there are a few things I haven't told you about myself, and let's just say because of my natural talents... I know about the vase."

She looked surprised, "How do you...?"

"I'm psychic... I only tell you this cause I trust you, and I want you to trust me too. If it means lightening your load then I'm all for it. You were the first person to be nice to me, to actually welcome me here..." We were speaking so low now, so no passers would hear us.

"Well..." She seemed really taken back. "Thank you for trying to help, but I'm being honest, you can switch to the twins if you want."

I smiled at her, "Nope, not happening. When they break a vase, then I'll help them." I said sarcastically. "Besides, I consider you my best friend here... they just like to toy with me.... I'm nothing special to them." And for some reason, I wasn't sure why that bugged me so much.

"You know they usually don't show attention to much of anything." She said looking out at the deep blue water that was only a few feet away. "The twins... they have a hard time expressing emotions, but they seem incredibly happy when they're around you. Believe me, I used to be in your shoes, but since then, I've learned that that's their way of being your friend." She said, now looking over me, the silly little sulking girl running her finger in the sand. "Don't let it bother you. If they didn't like you, not in the least bit, they wouldn't even give you a second glance."