A Special Night Hunt

Start from the beginning

"Wuxian, you idiot, you better come home soon." Jiang said to himself, as he enter the Inn.

Wei Wuxian

That night, Wei Ying and Lan Wangji were walking in the forest close to Qinghe. They had make good time, even when they had encounter a few corpses along the way and were heading to the town to rest for the night. Tomorrow morning they will head out to Gusu for the Lan Clan family banquet in the night.

He was eager to see Ah Yuan again, but spending two days in the Cloud Recesses with its thousands of rules, was something he was trying to assimilate. Giving the fact that Lan Qiren didn't approve of him, he will had to act as properly as expected from any Clan member, not to mention follow every single rule, so not put Lan Zhan in troubles, nor give Lan Qiren a reason to scold him.

"Wei Ying... I broke rules when you were gone, just be yourself." Wangji told him and Wuxian half-smiled.

"I know... you drank liquor, got drunk, broke curfew, rise a colony of rabbits... and hurt Clan members for my sake... for which you paid the price... Lan Zhan..." Wei stood in front of him and put his arms around Wangji's neck.

"Exactly because of that, I will behave when in the Cloud Recesses, so no one will point a finger at you for something I did wrong. I will be the perfect guest for as long as we stay there, I owe you that and more, much more... my Lan Zhan..." Wei Ying said before he kiss him, to show him how much he love him. He had try his best to make it up to him for almost a year now.

"Wei Ying..." Wangji whisper against his lips, as he once again took control of Wei's kiss, to gift him with his undying passion for him, but then, just when Wangji was guiding Wuxian to lay his back over a tree trunk, they heard the sound of a dog bark. Out of impulse, Wei Ying broke the kiss, but did not let go of Wangji.

"A dog!" Wei shouted, looking around into the semi-darkness inside the woods and Wangji instinctively moved in front of Wei to protect his lover from his worst nightmare. The barking was now coming closer and so was Wei Ying's hold on him.

"Lll... Lan Zhan..." Wuxian whisper on his ear, from his back.

"That's Fairy, Jin Ling's dog." He told him, which make Wei relax a bit, yet still do not let go of him.

"That brat, seriously.... Is he in troubles again? I hope he is not pissing off Huaisang this time." Wei Ying said.

"It's close." Wangji said, taking Wei Ying's hand on his.

"Then... let's have a look..." But Fairy bark again, this time even closer and Wei Ying simply held his lover by the waist as if his life depend of it and burry his head on Wangji's wide back. Lan Zhan smiled and turned his head to glance at him.

"Wei Ying, I'm here, there is no need to fear." He said and Wei sighed, releasing Wangji, just a second before Fairy showed up closely followed by a corp behind it.

Both, Wei Ying and Lan Zhan reacted on instinct, sending forward their respective sword to slash the corpse chasing the dog, killing it, then they moved forward and ran toward the direction Fairy had come and soon, they found a group of juniors fighting a few corpses at once.

Seen them in a pinch, Wei Ying and Lan Zhan moved to help the juniors. As they had train together for almost a year, their synchrony while attacking was flawless and perfect. The juniors of various Clans were stunned to see them in action, working back to back to kill the corpses with deadly efficiency and in a blink of an eye, the threat was gone.

"Jin Ling, why are you here at this hour? Did Jiang Cheng knows you are doing night huntings without supervision? If you keep this up, he will definitely break your legs one day..." Wei said, turning to look at his nephew.