"Oh, I don't know, maybe your jealous because she draws people's attention without even trying, and you've never been able to do that." He snapped back. Again, the lunchroom went wild, laughing and oohing at each comeback that was thrown.

"She only draws attention because she sticks out like a sore thumb." Rebecca said, but no one in the room backed her up on it. In fact, they were all on Benny's side now.

"Is that really what everyone else thinks? Or is that just what you want people to think?"

She got really quiet after that. She didn't have anything else to say. She was totally and entirely speechless. Benny still wasn't done with what he came her to do, however.

"Now, I don't hit girls. My mom taught me to never be like that, but if I ever hear that you've said what you did about my girl again, I'll destroy you." He made it very simple, and as soon as he said the words, he didn't even give her a chance to respond before he walked out, everyone was cheering for him as he did. Honestly they were glad to see someone finally stand up to her and genuinely embarrass her. There weren't a lot of guys in that school that would stand up for a girl the way he just did, but Benny was different. He would always make sure if anyone hurt you, they had a fair warning as to what he might do to them.

-

You were walking towards the front of the school, trying not to be seen by anyone who might be leaving the lunchroom. Though you had cleaned yourself up a bit after your meltdown, you were still not in the best shape ever.

You had gotten out of the door, as luck would have it, and went to wait outside like Benny told you to. You sat down in a patch of grass, taking off your backpack and laying down to look up at the beautifully shaped clouds that were floating in the sky.

They were all different. Not one of them was the same.

That's what life is like, no one person is exactly the same as another, no matter how hard they try to be. It shouldn't be like that anyways. If everyone in life was the same, the world would be an immensely boring and mundane place.

You thought about this for a minute. You knew you weren't like those other girls, and you never would be, but that was a good thing. You were an incredibly interesting person just the way you were. Sure, you had your quirks, but who didn't? As far as you can remember, being different has made you the best friends of your life. Even if you'd only met them earlier this year.

You were still laying back in the grass, with your feet crossed and arms behind your head, gazing up at the clouds in thought when Benny came up beside you. For a moment you almost didn't even realize he was there. He laid down the way you were, right next to you, which gained your offset attention.

"What'cha thinkin' about?" He asked gently. He rolled over on his side so he could look at you while you were staring up at the sky.

"Just some things." You turned your head, and his face was just right there, all sweet and soft and innocent. "Benny, I know I'm different. I know I'm never going to be like everyone else. I like it that way, and I don't want to change who I am because others have a standard of what is normal. I would rather be abnormal than be somebody I don't wanna be."

"You should always be yourself.... I wanted to tell you something I should have told you earlier." He raised himself up on his elbow and gazed down at you. "If you dressed like all the other girls, and acted like them, I probably wouldn't be as attracted to you. I love you because you are so unique. There's no one out there like you, and there never will be."

He leaned down and kissed you like he did that first night in the tree house, just barely brushing his lips against yours, before deeply connecting them together in a slow motion.