♾ 𝒢ℴℴ𝒹 𝒢𝒾𝓇𝓁𝓈 𝒟ℴ𝓃𝓉 𝒫𝒶𝓇𝓉𝓎

Time: Present day (2019). You're 18, he's 18, and you're both in college.

"Did you enjoy yourself last night? Was the party fun?" My mom questioned. Little did she know that last night, her little girl lost any innocence she had prior to her best friend's house party. My mother - so wholesome in everything she did - clearly wasn't aware of what happened at college parties. Too many secrets are revealed. College changes people.

"I had a great time at the party last night! It was an experience, that's for sure. I don't remember too much of it, but that's just because I was having so much fun," I told her. I hated lying to her about this. But if I told her I got drunk, smoked some weed, and lost my virginity she would never let me leave the house again. Although, I don't remember smoking at all. One of my friends sent me a video this morning of me doing it, so I must've at some point.

"I'm glad you had fun! So you've made a lot of new friends it seems?" Oh, more than you know, mom. I would never tell her that. She trusted me. I didn't want to break that trust over one crazy night. All because I was dancing too much with Josh. All because Bryce pressured me into taking a hit. All because a completely different guy from the other two - Anthony - brought me upstairs when I was in no condition to even be alive.

"All sorts. They were very nice people." It wasn't technically a lie. They had accepted me into their group easily. Anthony had asked - I think - before going for it. When I was handed a drink, Bryce warned me that it was strong. After I took the hit, they all cheered for me. Everyone at the party had been very nice to me that night.

"I'm glad to hear that, Sweetie." My mom's voice echoed in my head. She was so genuine and sweet. If she knew about what her little girl did the night before, she'd never be able to look at me again. Her only child would be labeled a disappointment while her title would change from mother to failure, at least in her eyes. I could see it already. Her face once I told her everything. The harsh words she'd say to me, but only out of sadness for her only child.

Taking all that into account, what's the harm in keeping one little secret?