Chapter 60. Let it go

Start from the beginning

"They are your friends too, so please don't act rude towards them just because you can't tolerate me. And I have realised my mistake; I worry too much and I care too much. So, I am going to stop doing that from today onwards. I won't bother you both ever again, no matter what the situation is.

"I just don't want you to be hostile towards my best friends. I don't like you guys fighting with each other when you don't have to. I know you also hate it but have no other choice. And it is all okay with me if anyone doesn't like me because I don't care. I seriously don't.

"So, I am just asking you to forget about me and just focus on your lives and your friends. I know I can't undo what happened but you guys can move forward, right? And I don't think there is any benefit in living while holding grudges. I have realised that it does no good."

I sighed and drank some water. I was actually surprised that none of them said anything all this time. They were both looking at me in disbelief with a bit of shock mixed in it.

"I am done but if you guys still don't believe what I said, then I can give that in writing too if you want," I suggested.

"You don't have to be so dramatic. We got your point," Nikhil retorted.

"Cool, then. What about you, Shree?" I asked.

"I don't care about me. I will only forgive you if you apologize to Mahek first. You hurt her the most," he said through gritted teeth and clenched his fists.

"In your dreams, boy. Don't even expect me to say sorry to her. I would just say one more thing though. Keep that bitch to yourself."

Shree stepped towards me but Nikhil held him back. I stared directly in Shree's eyes and crossed my arms across my chest.

"I understand how much you want to him me, big guy because I want to hit your girlfriend with double the intensity. Moreover, I am not scared of you. But guess what? I am not going to do it." I narrowed my eyes at him.

"Relax, bro. She already said she won't bother us. Calm down," Nikhil rubbed Shree's back.

"Don't worry. I said all I had to say. Sorry if I hurt your feelings," I gave a fake smile. "I promise I won't touch your girlfriend but you will have to make sure that she doesn't irritate me."

"You just stay away from her," Shree warned.

"Done." I gave him a thumbs up.

"Let's go, man. Five minutes are already over. And you, Sandhya. Remember what you just promised," Nikhil announced and I nodded.

Both of them left after glancing at me and I also picked up my bag and walked towards my lecture. Yes, I had a lecture. I knew the teacher didn't arrive for twenty minutes after the bell rang, so I utilised that time.

I told them whatever I had to. Rest was all their decision. Two targets were over and now only one was left. Tanya. If I had to transfer my words to Rashi, I would have to talk with Tanya first. I wasn't worried about her reaction.

I knew that if I explained her everything properly, she would take some appropriate actions. But doing that in college was a complete no. Surbhi would never let me do that nor would Parth. The only option left was to go to her house and then tell her what I wanted to say.

So, I waited for the college hours to get over. After everyone had left for their homes, I called up Dhruv and told him that I would not be able to come to the gym today.

He was really happy. And I was too because I didn't have to make any excuse as to why I was taking an unannounced leave.

I took an auto to Tanya's home and reached there within twenty minutes. I saw her car already parked in the garage and made my way towards her house.