Farewell

I follow Reizla in the dungeon, there are so many corridors and rooms that it seems like a maze. How can Reizla have such a good sense of direction? Either way, we walk into a room which looks like any other ordinary cell and she pushes a tile on the floor and the air feels different all of a sudden. She pushes the bed aside and a trap door was revealed under.

Opening the trap door, a stair is revealed.
"Go on, she's downstairs. I will stay up here to keep guard." Says Reizla.

"Wait...um...what if their purpose is not really peace but destruction instead and you were being used all along?"

Reizla narrowed her eyes at that question and clenched her first, unleashing a murderous aura so deadly it's suffocating. "I will slaughter them."

Chapter 21: Farewell

The stair leads to a wooden door.
It is quite dark so I'm not really sure what else is here but there is only a single torch positioned on top of the door.

I walk to it and gulped. My hands are still trembling that i can barely grip the doorknob.

I calm myself down and enter.

It is really dark. Nothing can be seen.

I walk through the door and it automatically closes itself.
"What the..."

I tried finding the door in the dark but i cannot touch as if I'm in a void.

...

"Ayame. You are here right?" I decided not to let the darkness bother me.

"Heh, yeah."

A girl with red hair and green eyes suddenly materializes from some light particles and i can see her clearly. She becomes the hope in this dark void.

"..."

...

"How long has it been."
"4 months," Ayame reply. "Do you miss me?"
"Of course."

...

This awkward silence.

I have lots of questions but none came out of my mouth.

"Ayame..."
"Yes?"
"...I'm...glad to see you again."

She smiles.
"Me too. But i don't have much time either, so i would like you to stop beating around the bush."

"..."

"You want to know more about your power right?" Says Ayame.
"!"
"Why are you so speechless? You are usually so talkative."

I clench my fist. "Are you the one behind all of this."

Ayame stares at me and sigh. "Nope. But i am the one who sent you here."
"Why!?!"
"What? You don't like it here?"
"I...its not like i don't like it here. But...why this power?"

Ayame sigh. "The power is not given by me, it originates from your soul. It is your 'true self' that you refuse to accept."

...wait. Refuse to accept?

"Remember now?" Ayame "You are a born fighter. Back in our world, you were able to defeat a tiger at the age of 14. However, i don't know why but you quit the world of martial arts suddenly. But, you were remembered as a demon king"

It's starting to come back to me. The memories that i sealed... The actions that i made.

I remember now.

I am an expert in karate, judo, taekwondo, military boxing and more. In fact, i only learned them because i was bored. I was considered a fighting genius. I can master any techniques within a few days of practice. (I'm just a fast learner.)

And the thing that i hate the most is people fearing me. As if I'm some kind of monster, the other apprentices avoided me at all cost, even some of the teachers dare not approach me.

Only one boy did. He was the best friend i could ever have.

Being a dog eat dog world, troubles will bound to spew.
He was being extorted for money by a group of bullies in his school. He is kind, despite being a black belt, he did not fight back. But i had enough, i cannot stand by anymore. So out of anger, i accidentally killed every one of the bullies.
He viewed me as a monster afterwards.

"So, the only way i can control this power is to accept my true self?" I realise.
"Correct."

...

"I see. Then may i ask one more question?"
"Hm?"

...

"Can i meet you again?" I ask.

...
...

"No. We can't. I'm sorry for deceiving you, Hotarou. But i am not a being that exists. Or to be precise, I'm a 'god'..." Says Ayame.

...Rika...was...right? So...i...

"But to me, you exist. If so, i am sure fate will allow us to meet again." I say.
She shook head. "There is no way fate will allow. We were destined to meet but not to be together."

I clench my fist tighter this time. My nails dig into my skin and blood starts to appear.
With a determined push, i say "I will make it happen! I am done with this shit! Shadow Gelh or Rika's organisation? Fuck both. I will go the path i believe in! If being a demon king...if slaying Satan will change your fate, i will do it! Once I'm done, I will...save you from this void."

And i turn around, with a feeling that a door is there, i grab the air and felt something like a doorknob. It is the door that leads to the outside.

"Do you still like me?" Says Ayame.
"Of course," I reply before i leave.

What's unknown to me is that despite trying her best, Ayame cried after i left.